headphonesuks.com (aka bosearheadphones music) - anyone dealt with? ATH-ESW9 real cheap!
Nov 22, 2011 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

markwilliamsweb

Head-Fier
Nov 22, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm very close to ordering and hoping for the best, but it seems to good to be true. Website is professional enough but.. hmm. Would be more tempted if google had ANYTHING on them, which they don'

Edit: Nevermind, it seems everything is sold at a ridiculous price. Staying away.

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
I'm very close to ordering and hoping for the best, but it seems to good to be true. Website is professional enough but.. hmm. Would be more tempted if google had ANYTHING on them, which they don'

Fakes of the ESW9 does exist AFAIK. If they sell fake Beats, its most likely fake ESW9s they are selling.

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Fakes of the ESW9 does exist AFAIK. If they sell fake Beats, its most likely fake ESW9s they are selling.

Seems very plausible, pah what a nice world it would be if fakes never had to be a concern. Oh well, hoping something pops up on Amazon's Black Friday week, which has been a bit meh so far.

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 9
According to what I have heard, not only do fake ESW9s exist, but they are quite common.
The wooden ATs are apparently some very popular models to fake, so take care out there.

Nov 22, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
According to what I have heard, not only do fake ESW9s exist, but they are quite common.
The wooden ATs are apparently some very popular models to fake, so take care out there.

Yeah I've read the same and think I'll only buy direct from an authorised dealer. I've been stung with fake IE8's before and it wasn't pretty. 
triportsad.gif

One thing I have noticed and am not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere else on Headfi, but the ESW9 no longer exist (if it ever did) on Audio Technica's UK website. Does anybody know if it's been discontinued in the UK or was just never added in the first place?

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Maybe it was replaced by the 9A?  And yes, ESW9 is one of the most common fakes.  beach camera is a great authorized place to buy them, they sell between $175-215. 

I believe the 9A is specific to the US, although at least that is what I've read. Neither are on the UK website and I can't find any places in the UK they are sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back