Headphones
Jul 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vortigaunt64

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a good pair of headphones, hopefully around $150. I'm looking for a pair that will be good for speed metal and country and roughly everything In between. I have been told that sennheiser has a good reputation, but i have also heard that they lack bass. I would also like them to be really comfortable. Thanks for all input

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 2
What would you be driving them with? Do you have an amp, or would you be willing to get one? Are you going to be using them inside or outside, I ask because if you'll be using them in a noisy area than you might want to get closed cans as opposed to open ones.

In that range, I can suggest taking a look at maybe the K240 Studio or MKII. I believe them to be the same headphone, but with the MKII you get extra pads (velour and pleather) and an extra coil cord. I really liked these headphones for all the music I listened to, and I didn't need an amp to get good volume and sound out of anything I plugged them into. They are open cans, so use in a noisy place might not be advisable. Also, if you were maybe looking for closed cans, the Audio Technica ATH-A900 are a decent price right now over at Amazon. You'd have to stretch your budget a bit though. I like these as well for all music, although lately I have noticed that vocals, while still sounding fine, may edge a bit on the thinner side. The have a nice airy sort of sound, and they have angled drivers in the earcups. They don't need an amp either for use with portable devices. Anyway these are just some suggestions for you to add to your list. I'm sure it will grow a lot bigger before it's all said and done. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back