headphones with sound similar to Fisher Audio dba 02
Jan 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barca13

New Head-Fier
I am thinking of buying a pair of headphones and from what i have
read i am between the sennheiser hd 600 and the Beyerdynamic dt880 (250 Ω). I currently have the fa dba 02 and i am really pleased with them, so i would like a similar sound. Is the sound of these headphones similar to the dba's?
Thanx

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Well from what i understand the DBA-02 has a pretty warm and natural sound. If you want that i'd recommend NOT buying the DT880 because i have it and the sound (to my ears) even if it's pretty neutral it has a very cold or metallic signature. I don't enjoy it at all. Just my opinion, maybe some other users like it. The HD 600 i think would be better because from my understanding it has a more enjoyable sound signature.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 5
I too love my DBA-02s, they are my favorite IEM.  To me, the DBA-02s are very detailed, with tight bass and a nice soundstage.  

I don't know of a full-size headphone that gives the exact same sound signature of the DBA-02s but some of my favorited full-size cans have been the KRK KNS-8400s, the AKG Q701s, the Beyerdynamic DT880s and the Beyerdynamic T1s.  Hope that helps some.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 5
FWIW, while I haven't heard the DBA-02's myself, I have heard other Knowles TWFK-based dual BA iems (which is what the DBA-02s use) and I think the DT880's, Q701's, or KRK 8400's are closer in sound signature than the Senn HD 600.  TWFKs are known to be rather analytical and cold, especially the Fischers in particular.  In contrast, the Senns are known to be warm, smooth, and with less treble emphasis, though I haven't heard the HD 600 myself.

You could give the HD 600's a try though, if you wanted to try something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back