headphones to sleep in??
Jan 9, 2003 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

sillyboi

New Head-Fier
hi, i was just wondering what kinda of headphones/earphones would you recommend to get while you are sleeping? i have a white pair of ex70 but i like to sleep on my side... and so it drives the earbuds against my ear and it really hurts... are there any comfortable headphones for the side sleeper? thanks for you replies.

Jan 9, 2003 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 18
Well, my Portapros have survived being used while sleeping for a couple months now... They're very comfy and I sleep on my side as well. Also, they're not too expensive and have a lifetime warranty. Might want to check them out...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 18
Ok, someone I know claimed to have cut a hole in his pillow so he could sleep with his HP890s on.
eek.gif

True claim, don't know if he actually did it though.

I'd suggest the Etymotics, but I'd personally be worried about pushing them in too deep.

Someone needs to invent pillowphones.

Jan 9, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 18
Wow, I don't know if I could sleep with headphones on. I prefer silence when I am trying to get to sleep. I am a very active listener no matter what the sound is(music, conversation, etc.) I can sleep better with static noise like a fan or my computer.
Besides, the way I sleep I would never wake up for I would probabaly twist around the bed in such a way to choke myself, LOL. Anyways, The Sportas/Portas are a good probabaly a good way to go, good sound, cheap, etc. Thats all for now.
-Mag

Jan 9, 2003 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 18
Well, I fell asleep with my Ety 4P one time. I was sleeping on my side (I always do) and suddenly I had a strong feeling that something soon was gonna happen. I wasn't sure if it's a dream or not, so I slowly rolled to the side and turned the light on a bit. Then I noticed that I hadn't taken off the 4P yet. I immediately jumped off of my bed and carefully inspected if I broke something. I was absolutely terrified. I was really scared that I broke the 4P accidentally. Fortunately, It's still fine and looked pretty normal. Since that time, I never wear my Ety 4P to sleep, not even close to my bed.

If you're thinking to use Etys for bed time, I have only one suggestion:
TRY IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

I know I wouldn't, at least not my 4P!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #7 of 18
I don't purposely try to fall asleep to music or anything...it's just that I like to save some time in the night for listening without distractions and a lot of the times I end up falling asleep while listening.
rolleyes.gif

Etys though? On your side? That sounds like it could hurt!
eek.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 18
I have fallen asleep listening to my MuVo while wearing Senn Mx400 earbuds - only to be shaken awake by an ill placed Marylin Manson song.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 2:19 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by NuclearFusi0n
i learned to sleep on my back ever since i got the hd 580s.
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I hated myself at first but now I think I'm over it...it felt horrible to find out I crushed my pads (the right one mostly) in the few hours of sleep I got on day somewhere before 2-4 after buying the 580s...but now I've gotten used to the new softer pads and no longer hate myself...AS MUCH
smily_headphones1.gif

I admit the 580s, when driven out of a portable mp3 player (can't go too loud without the amp but they sound so amazing) have an incredible power of putting me to sleep VERY fast...I've still gotta perfect that sleep-on-my-back techniqe before I put them on again at night for more than a few songs.

Jan 9, 2003 at 2:48 PM Post #14 of 18
heh...yeah if your pads are still brand new and you dare to flip to the side in your sleep...the pad that you slept on will feel different at first...now I made the other one slightly softer too and it's all good here but if you prefer them to be a bit harder I'd say either keep up that sleep-on-your-back thing
smily_headphones1.gif
or else put a dedicated small table or something by your bed and only listen to a few songs at night...if you just relax the 580s will have you sleeping in no time...well...ummm...unless you're running them with a powerful amp and you're listening to rock...no sleeping then
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back