Headphones for single-player games? (xbox360 + mixamp)
Sep 3, 2010 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thekeeper

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I play on xbox360 and I bought a few days ago this set:

- Mixamp astro
- Audiotechnica AD700
- Fiio E5

I'm very happy with this set if I play online games, but I don't feel myself enough "inside the game" if I play single player games (like fallout, dead rising, alan wake and so on), maybe because of the lack of basses of the AD700.

So I'm asking you which are the best headphones for singleplayer games, with a good amount of basses (but also soundstage etc) which are amped without problem with Mixamp + Fiio E5 (no chat, the knob is turned all to game on the mixamp).

200 $ more or less ^^

I think I'm the first asking headphones for single player games, so I'm very curious of what you can advice me, on the web I found nothing about.

Thank you

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah these are fine from the mixamp...and regardless of what others say...my K702s work awesome straight out of the mixamp. Sometimes I'll throw my Maverick D1 into the mix, but can't tell much difference. Once I get my Meier Concerto however...

Sep 3, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Yeah these are fine from the mixamp...and regardless of what others say...my K702s work awesome straight out of the mixamp. Sometimes I'll throw my Maverick D1 into the mix, but can't tell much difference. Once I get my Meier Concerto however...

The K701/2 are king for online MP but lack bass and for SP I prefer the DT880. Mixamp does fine with both for games and movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back