Headphones for rock/metal
Sep 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

So Far

Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm looking for a new pair of portable closed headphones mainly for rock and abit of metal. My budget is around 300$ at top. They don't have to be super portable like the DT1350 but cant be quite as big as the K550. Another thing is- they have to look somewhat good, doesn't have to be the prettiest headset but can't be ugly either. Will drive them with Fiio10 at home use and Xperia S outside. 

Sorry for bad English and thanks :)

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello!

For open headphones, the Grados are no doubt best for your need. For closed I would say the PSB M4U1 or AKG K167 are not bad for metal and rock

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello!

For open headphones, the Grados are no doubt best for your need. For closed I would say the PSB M4U1 or AKG K167 are not bad for metal and rock

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Bill, thanks for the quick comment!
So about the PSB M4U1- I looked them up and they seem like a good pair in terms of sound and imaging but WAY too big. 
AKG 167- I've a somewhat bad experience with them, the EQ is just not for me.

Sep 18, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Hey Bill, thanks for the quick comment!
So about the PSB M4U1- I looked them up and they seem like a good pair in terms of sound and imaging but WAY too big. 
AKG 167- I've a somewhat bad experience with them, the EQ is just not for me.

They look big when sitting over your ears but they fold flat for portable use! Other than that, you can also look into Sennheiser Momentum if you can find one in your price range or the Sony MDR-1R are not bad either xD The Momentum have better sub-bass but if you dislike the AKG K167 because of the forward mids, the MDR-1R may not be for you

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back