Headphones for rap and techno and a ill amp help
Aug 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cutj

New Head-Fier
Okay so I've done a lot of research on this site for what headphones I want to get and whether or not to get an amp. I've narrowed it down to the ATH m50, srh750dj, ultrasone hfi 780. My favorite rap artists are Mac Miller and Wiz khalifia. Dub step artists are skrillex and dead mau5. I have owned beats and thought they were amazing. According to this site I am VERY wrong. I currently own AD700 for reggae music. Also I need help on amping. Do I need an E7? And I dont quite underdtand what DAC does. Thank you guys for the help and for all of the knowledge I have accquired through this site.

EDIT: Im open to any headphone good at deep bass and great mids. Id like it to be bass oriented but with good mids

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 8
I've never heard the ultrasone; I thought the SRH750 was good for it's price, but M50 was better overall, both have great bass, but mids on the M50 I found were superior since the 750 sounded a bit artificial to me, I thought the highs were about the same though I don't remember the specifics. M50 takes the cake especially if you're coming from beats. And I don't think you should get an amp, just talking from personal experience, it's not worth the added bulk for casual listening.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 8
With the M50's yea, they do sound better with a amp+dac, but if you don't want to go portable then look at a desktop amp as they have better sound quality for the price. Though I'm one of those who think when starting out it's best to get an amp and dac combo, like the E7

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 8
If you are coming from the beats you might be disappointing by the m50's bass, especially the new whitebox'ed versions. Its definitely more controlled and better quality but lacks the large quantity of bass that a lot of new entry level people are expecting (true for most high end headphones since they are most for monitoring).

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 8
Well I thought they were good but I had never had another headphone besides those and ibuds. So if there is something better I would like to try it. Also now that i picked up the AD700 I love these for my non bassy music. So im pretty sure that there are headphones out there that I will like better than beats. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back