Headphones for my guitar - help me
Dec 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #16 of 19
Hi,

This is all new to me. What is a modeller (Line 6 HD300) what does it do, do you put your headphones into this. Sorry if this is a silly question. Just very new to me.

Many Thanks

Neil

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #17 of 19
You can learn more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplifier_modeling

Basically guitar amp modeller is a tool (hardware/software) to simulate the sound of real amps in a portable package. You can connect it to a cabinet/amplifier/PA system to record, practice and perform. Usually amp modeler has a better headphone output because it has a headphone preamp circus and the sound comes from the modeller is like mixed sound and it's more defined for headphone use.

You should consider the setup Onetake mentioned above but for beginner, Pod HD300 is more affordable.

Hi,

This is all new to me. What is a modeller (Line 6 HD300) what does it do, do you put your headphones into this. Sorry if this is a silly question. Just very new to me.

Many Thanks

Neil

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Hi,

Very confused I was thinking about AKG K271 MKii but am being advised that they not very comfortable and not bulit as wekk at the Audio Technica M50 series.

Sorry to say that comfort is hard to assess in advance of purchase.  Just reading this site you see that there is lots
of individual variation in head size and shape... and equal variation in ear size and shape.
Individual fit will rule the day in terms of comfort... so I don't think you can really predict.

Having said this, there are a lot of these styles used for monitoring that have a pretty tight
clamp against your head... especially if you have a large hat size.  If that turns out to be the
issue you can often spring them out a bit by stretching them across a set of books. Doesn't
always work, though.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in the M50's either, if you go that way.  I found them comfortable
from the get go.  However I was just reading another posting and the member advised that these
fit hard against the pinna of his ears.  For me they go entirely around my ear.  So again back to individual fit....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back