headphones for movies
Jan 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

lion2

New Head-Fier
hey, can some one please suggest me some good headphones for movies and gaming. i have cosidered buying 5.1 headphones for my laptop. if ther are any good please suggest my budget is around 100$ and i need perfect surround sound with good bass.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 14
Creative Aurvana Live Headphones.  $75 on amazon.  I don't think your gonna get surround sound unless you plan on paying a little extra for a fiio e7, eo7k, or e17 if you can, or a good soundcard.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 14
ya this is setup on my laptop ( acer aspire 5740g ) n it has a minimal built in sound card.
i have heard of headphones with internal sound cards for ex. arctic p531 so is it good , do i steel require an amp?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 14
Imo amping never hurts and almost always improves sound, but amping isnt always required for a good sound. You should be focused settling on a pair of headphones first, then once you get them try them out and decide for yourself if they really REQUIRE an amp.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #9 of 14
So i just bought this corsair vengeance 1500
And i find the sound to be pretty good for gaming and movies.
Evrything seems to be fine jus hoped for a slightly better bass.
Can someone suggest me a good headphone amp to go with the headphones .

Is getting an amp realyy worth it ??

I use my headphones for my acer laptop 5740g ..

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #12 of 14
I haven't heard of an amp with USB output.  The headset itself is already getting power through the USB so I don't see the point in getting one.  Additionally, a USB headset will bypass your existing sound card because your PC will recognize it as a separate sound device completely.  If you like the sound on your headset though, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #13 of 14
No amp works with usb. You can't do anything about the bass except equalize it. Find a guide, and remember never to equalize by sliding the sliders up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back