Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music)
May 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Electro

New Head-Fier
Hey there 
size]
 I'm looking for over-ear headphones, my limit is $300 USD. Basically I'm listening to all types of electronic music, I need something with deep bass and high sound quality. I mainly listen to liquid Dubstep and liquid Drum & Bass. 
Any recommendations? I've been looking at the Ultrasone Pro 900. I don't know yet though.

May 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 25
Thanks. I've had a pair of ATH WS55. Wasn't too happy with their performance. The WS99's look very similar, so I'll probably pass on them. (earcups were way too small as well. What were they thinking when they made those?). Considering Pro900, but the M100's are out of the equation. Now I know that other people like the Pro 900 too :D 
Any others?

May 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 25
Why not m100? I think your seriously underestimating the WS99 though. They have absolutely wonderful bass, slightly forward mids and recessed highs. A little dark sounding.

The pro 900 (from what I've read, so take with a grain of salt) is very v shaped, meaning emphasized bass, very recessed mids, and emphasized highs.

It should be more like two different sound signatures than one sounding better than the other.

Consider the fidelio l1/x1, dt770, and dt990.

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 25
I'd suggest adding the Denon d600 into the mix.  With how the prices have dropped on them they are easily under $300 now and they have an amazing bass which does dubstep and other electronica extremely well.  The Bassnectar version of Lights on them had me grinning from ear to ear and Muffler's Move sounded better than I've ever heard it.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 25
Sennheiser Momentums are good for those genres. Probably the Denon D600 as well.

Logitech UE6000 for a cheaper option which is not as good but obviously half the price.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #11 of 25
I heard the D600's and didn't think they had very much bass? And they were to angled to fit my head properly. Where can you get them for under $300? Cheapest I could find was $400 unless they were used/refurbished.

Wouldn't something Like the Urban ravers be better or are those just crap?

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:
The Denon's are behemoth :p

I think I'll go with the Sennheiser Momentum, what do you guys think?

I like them for these genres, although they are a bit on the small side, both in physical size and also the sound.... (not really just a bit)

But I do not think you will find anything better around this price mark... If you like to just sit back and relax to some electronic music then these sound good IMO, you can EQ the sub bass up a bit and leave the rest alone pretty much and they sound really good with those genres....

I think I might give some Denon D600 a try as well although I have a feeling I will end up just keeping the Momentums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back