Headphones for guitar practice
May 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sawyer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks,

I need a good pair of headphones to practice and record with my digital amp. Here are a few requirements:
- Full size, comfortable for long practice/record session (no Grado!)
- Low impedance: ideally less than 33ohm since the headphone output of my amp is 33ohm.
- Neutral, flat response: not too bright, not to dark, as flat as possible. My sony V6 is very clear and detailed but it's too bright and harsh.
- Good soundstage.
- Budget: <$250.

Thanks!

May 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Believe me, I have been looking for at least a few months for something like you described: perfect, low impedance, reasonable price. I came to a sad realization those DO NOT EXIST.

Period.

The closets thing to what you described is Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 32 ohm. That model is about 400$ or so. Or Beyerdynamic T1, which costs a THOUSAND. And T1 seems to be the only pair of big HQ (°_°)phones that (are promised to) sound good without an amp, because of their new Tesla technology (the reason for the price).

I suggest you give up. Give up searching for great sounding pair with 32 or less impedance or less. Give up, buy a pair of K240 Studios, and use them with an amp.

May 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Believe me, I have been looking for at least a few months for something like you described: perfect, low impedance, reasonable price. I came to a sad realization those DO NOT EXIST.

Period.

The closets thing to what you described is Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 32 ohm. That model is about 400$ or so. Or Beyerdynamic T1, which costs a THOUSAND. And T1 seems to be the only pair of big HQ (°_°)phones that (are promised to) sound good without an amp, because of their new Tesla technology (the reason for the price).

I suggest you give up. Give up searching for great sounding pair with 32 or less impedance or less. Give up, buy a pair of K240 Studios, and use them with an amp.

Thanks.
How about DT770/880 (32ohm version)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back