Headphones for Gaming
Dec 17, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #16 of 35
So we have 3 gaming headphones contenders for a pricetag of around 200$ usd ~

The Audio-Technica A900

Beyerdynamic DT770/80

Beyerdynamic DT880

Could anyone please post the Pros and Cons for each one. ( with and without amp )

Thank You.

Dec 17, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #17 of 35
A900: More balanced than DT770 so clearer sound, easier to power out of weaker equipment because it's only 40 ohms. Some people actually might find these bass-light (like Technex, what a basshead
tongue.gif
)

DT770: V curve frequency response gives boomier bass and more piercing highs than a900 so it's more "thumpin'", pretty much requires an amp to tighten up the bass and control treble some more. This may be better if you want your bass to go "BOOOOOOM MUTHAFUKA!!!!!!"

DT880: DT880s are not for gaming, they can be used... but it's not ideal. They'll sound distant and anemic for gaming. Those are much better suited to music. I don't see why people are recommending those...
blink.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #18 of 35
Hmm, I actually use my UM2's for gaming at lans and such. And I put a little clip-on mic on the wire. Works excellent, cuts out all the ambient noise and games sound awesome through them...

Ply

Dec 17, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

DT880: DT880s are not for gaming, they can be used... but it's not ideal. They'll sound distant and anemic for gaming. Those are much better suited to music. I don't see why people are recommending those...

Not everyone wants to have exposions rattle the brains, but want to hear every little detail starting from the smallest rodents farts directional cues. A wild guess though.

Dec 17, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #20 of 35
Uh oh! Dog fart at 6 o' clock! *throws 'nade and dives for cover* Grenade out!

tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by dulath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your new AT purchase, Esidarap
icon10.gif

Thanks, they can't come soon enough!
icon10.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh oh! Dog fart at 6 o' clock! *throws 'nade and dives for cover* Grenade out!

tongue.gif

*lol* Rabies epidemic in world of CS.
icon10.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #24 of 35
Thanks for the feedback guys.

From what i have read the "Audio-Technica ATH-A900 Art" has very good detailed sound, is that correct ?

Im planning to use those with my X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card, will they perform well ?

Also how much does Microamp cost and where can i buy one ?

Thanks.

Dec 18, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the feedback guys.

From what i have read the "Audio-Technica ATH-A900 Art" has very good detailed sound, is that correct ?

Im planning to use those with my X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card, will they perform well ?

Also how much does Microamp cost and where can i buy one ?

Thanks.

They should have no problem performing well with your x-fi xm. I used my dt770/80 with my x-fi xm for a bit before I got my amp, and the results were great. The a900 is known for its sound unamped
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #28 of 35
CORRECTED BELOW

Beyerdymanic DT 234 Pro -- which has a built in mic (had said DT 238 Pro by accident before)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back