Headphones for Gaming
Dec 19, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #31 of 35
From what I read when I was researched; the A700/A900 are very close in sound sig and the A500 is distinctly different from it's older siblings. The A900 vs. A700, the A900 is bit more detailed especially when it comes to music.

If budget is a concern, and you need it mostly for gaming, the A500 might be up your alley. But I think the best bang for the buck if you are in the US is the A700, which you can get for $120ish shipped. And because that is the only one from the Ax00 line that is officially imported into the US, you can get it with a US warranty.

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I read when I was researched; the A700/A900 are very close in sound sig and the A500 is distinctly different from it's older siblings. The A900 vs. A700, the A900 is bit more detailed especially when it comes to music.

If budget is a concern, and you need it mostly for gaming, the A500 might be up your alley. But I think the best bang for the buck if you are in the US is the A700, which you can get for $120ish shipped. And because that is the only one from the Ax00 line that is officially imported into the US, you can get it with a US warranty.

Are you referring to "Audio-Technica ATH-A700 Art Headphones" ?

Yes i agreed, i think those are the perfect headphones for my needs, and fit my tight budget!

Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!

EDIT. Does the A900 come with a japanese warranty ?

Dec 22, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #34 of 35
DARTH BEYERS
img42.jpg

... oh.. under 200

start with the 770/80 and save for the upgrade

You'll thank me later.

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #35 of 35
I use the ATH-A900 Arts with the X-Fi. Sounds fantastic. But then I don't have any other good quality cans to compare them with. I have the X-Fi platinum edition, so it has a dedicated headphone jack with volume control on the front panel. This setup gives the cans plenty of power for 99% of the content I listen to.

A quick note with the X-Fi and headphones. You might want to leave "speaker type" to 2.1 for music. But be sure to switch to "headphones" and "game mode" for gaming. 3D directional sound is fairly impressive with well engineered games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back