Headphones for $100 or less
Dec 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

himynamesnoah

New Head-Fier
I haven't really owned expensive headphones (Anything over $30, and only in-ear) and I'm looking to purchase some soon.
My budget is $100, or less. (I have a $10 gift card to Amazon as well)

I'm just looking for all around headphones, i'll be using them almost exclusively at home, so they don't need to be portable.
I listen most type of music, besides country. Nothing really specific.
I'll be using them mostly on my laptop (Asus G73JH) and sometimes on my iPhone 4.

My brothers have the ATH M50's (Sound good, but hurt my ears.), and the DT 770 Pro's. (Comfortable, sound great, out of my price range.)
I've been looking at the Grado S80i's, ATH-AD700's, and Phillips Uptowns.
There is just too many to choose from, and I don't know what to get, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks alot!

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I haven't really owned expensive headphones (Anything over $30, and only in-ear) and I'm looking to purchase some soon.
My budget is $100, or less. (I have a $10 gift card to Amazon as well)
I'm just looking for all around headphones, i'll be using them almost exclusively at home, so they don't need to be portable.
I listen most type of music, besides country. Nothing really specific.
I'll be using them mostly on my laptop (Asus G73JH) and sometimes on my iPhone 4.
My brothers have the ATH M50's (Sound good, but hurt my ears.), and the DT 770 Pro's. (Comfortable, sound great, out of my price range.)
I've been looking at the Grado S80i's, ATH-AD700's, and Phillips Uptowns.
There is just too many to choose from, and I don't know what to get, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks alot!

Does it matter if opened or closed.
Currently my "best value" headphone pick is the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) closed headphones.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I'd prefer them to be closed, but if there are open ones that are much better for the price, i'll get those.

The closed Gemini/Takstar sound better then the semi-open Takstar.

Best price I could find for the Gemini HSR-1000 is at Datavision, $76.17 + shipping ($8?).
http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prrfnbr=653791&site=GOGL

My Gemini HSR-1000 just arrived 4 days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back