Headphones comfortable with Glasses?
Jan 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kskwerl

Headphoneus Supremus
I have to start wearing glasses and right now I have the Mad Dogs and they aren't comfy with my glasses at all what so ever.

Can anyone recommend me some headphones that would be very comfortable with glasses? My glasses are thin they are Rayban new wayfayers

Looking for open-full size headphones. I have the O2/ODAC

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 15
  I have to start wearing glasses and right now I have the Mad Dogs and they aren't comfy with my glasses at all what so ever.

Can anyone recommend me some headphones that would be very comfortable with glasses? My glasses are thin they are Rayban new wayfayers

Also the first thing that comes to mind are the Beyerdynamics because of their light fluffy pads.

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 15
I wear thicker framed glasses with my Sennheiser HD600's with good comfort. I have the headband positioned to where it is pressing more in the center of my head allowing me to slide my glasses forward and backward on my face with ease. After 6 months or so there is an impression on the ear-cups showing where my glasses are positioned. You did not list a budget so i am only sharing my personal experience. The HD600 should pair well with your O2/ODAC setup and is also an open headphone. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 15
I'd say look for headphones that are light, and have good pads.  Beyerdynamics could work, Sennheiser too.

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 15
I spent most of the time in front of a computer, and need to use glasses. A few models that i find comfy: HD558/598 (HD6xx), Ultrasone with velour pads, beyers. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 15
Philips Fidelio X1 and AKG K702 Anniversary caused no issues for me and I wear glasses. Both headphones are open and have soft velour pads.

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 15

Sorry to hear about your Mad Dogs. I was hoping to upgrade to something like those in a few years time and next I'll have to look at the O2+DAC.
wink.gif

Back on topic... As a fellow glasses wearer, I've enjoyed my Grado SR60s (came with flat pads [no holes]) for the past five years, which are much more comfortable than my old Sennheiser 515s. If you've got a bit more cash, I understand the sweet spot in that range is the SR225s.

P.S.: Don't know if the "i" updates to the Grados make any difference to the fit.

Hope that helps.

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 15
Thanks guys, if you view my profile you can see I've had some fairly expensive headphones my budget is something from 300-600, the grados..while great, I am looking for something more high end

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 15
I wear thicker framed glasses with my Sennheiser HD600's with good comfort. I have the headband positioned to where it is pressing more in the center of my head allowing me to slide my glasses forward and backward on my face with ease. After 6 months or so there is an impression on the ear-cups showing where my glasses are positioned. You did not list a budget so i am only sharing my personal experience. The HD600 should pair well with your O2/ODAC setup and is also an open headphone. 

Yea I'm considering going back to the HD600s or one of higher end beyers

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 15
The various Grado's I've had with L cush pads have worked out well with my thick framed glasses.  My Denon d600s also do well with them, but don't fit the open requirement.
Avoid the Sennheiser amperiors.  I loved the sound and portability of them, but they caused some serious pinching and I had to let mine go.
The Audio Technica ES10s are ok, but not great with glasses.  Maybe with the ES11 earpads they would work better, but haven't had an opportunity to test that yet.
My Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is very comfortable with them so I'm guessing that would extend to most of the Beyers.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 15
Jan 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 15
Jan 22, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #13 of 15
I recommend big round cups with big round pads to maximize the room around the ears.
The akg k7's are perfect in this regard. I use my k701 for movies because they don't put pressure on the temples reaching a bit out behind my ears.

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #15 of 15
I have glasses. I would recommend (in addition to others mentioned) Denon D2000/5000/7000; Th900; Sennheiser HD800 or similar velour models.
You could also get CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back