Headphones.com Is On Head-Fi
Aug 30, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #32 of 44
. Lived in both SoCal and NorCal. I like it here but I enjoyed my time there also! Good luck with the move!

I appreciate it. Super looking forward to the experience!

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #33 of 44
Do not buy from here , I returned focal batys after first 7 days , they charged me 170$ fees they will charge you 10 % fee upfront of an item when you return plus in ear 5 percent / headphones with batteries 5 percent and if u sing shop pay affirm another 5 percent I am writing this because I didn’t look pay attention until I contacted their ride customer service they told me this is policy you purchased it you must have read it

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #34 of 44
Thanks!

I understand the disbelief. When we initially considered offering a 365-day return policy we thought it was crazy too. However, I'm a giant spreadsheet nerd and I modeled out the worst-case scenarios. When I did that I realized that it's actually something we could do for the long-term.

CNET (Guttenberg) wrote an article about our return policy over a year ago which brought a lot of attention from people specifically wanting to use our return policy. It was an excellent stress test of the system. We've chosen a product mix that has high long-term resale value which is the main reason we're able to make it work.
Sounds crazy yeah of wow 365 returns , under what circumstances, you will charge fees like 70 percent of the item if not 90 , and refund like 20 percent store credit ?

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #35 of 44
Do not buy from here , I returned focal batys after first 7 days , they charged me 170$ fees they will charge you 10 % fee upfront of an item when you return plus in ear 5 percent / headphones with batteries 5 percent and if u sing shop pay affirm another 5 percent I am writing this because I didn’t look pay attention until I contacted their ride customer service they told me this is policy you purchased it you must have read it
Welcome to regular store business, they aren't amazon.

Always read ToS on websites before you buy that isn't known on your own. Sorry to say, kind of your fault.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #36 of 44
Welcome to regular store business, they aren't amazon.

Always read ToS on websites before you buy that isn't known on your own. Sorry to say, kind of your fault.
You must be one of your their paid supporters also because I see so many paid people advertising their company , Audio 46 is Amazon ? There are many companies doing online sales nobody charging you a dime first 30days . Because of people like you this companies exists and abuse people , only reason I purchased that product that time it was available only there and yes I didn’t read think about getting ripped like this stop supporting none sense for the community

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #37 of 44
You must be one of your their paid supporters also because I see so many paid people advertising their company , Audio 46 is Amazon ? There are many companies doing online sales nobody charging you a dime first 30days . Because of people like you this companies exists and abuse people , only reason I purchased that product that time it was available only there and yes I didn’t read think about getting ripped like this stop supporting none sense for the community
I agree with ValSuki, you should have read the ToS. This goes for any purchase in your life whether it’s audio-related or not.

I buy from headphones.com all the time and they have one of the most generous return policies.

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #39 of 44
Feb 24, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #40 of 44
Hey sorry to hear about your experience!

The pair of headphones you purchased are readily available through hundreds of retailers in North America, including Amazon at the time of your purchase.

Looking through your various interactions with our staff, it does look like our return policy along with restocking fees were reported to you several times which you ignored each time.

You had expressed that you wanted to buy several headphones and return the ones that did not work out for you and our staff let you know what our return policy surrounding that process would be.

We do make sure that our return policy is very clearly laid out and when you initiated your return, you did select a box that says "I acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the return policy conditions".

For the pair of headphones you chose, you also had the ability to rent the headphones out instead of purchasing them so there were quite a few options available to you if you were looking to avoid our restocking fees.

We understand that our return policies are not for everyone and its unfortunate that you have decided to write several posts all over the internet about our transparent fees. For our customers who the policy works for, they love the fact that they have the ability to return a pair of headphones (whether it's on day 1 or day 365) for a small fee. If they purchase a Focal Utopia today and in February of 2025, Focal announces a new version, they can return it for only $500 instead of trying to re-sell on the market at upwards of a 50% loss. In addition, they can continue to get excellent customer service from our customer experience team, fast, free shipping, a wealth of content along with an active community to participate in.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 24, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #41 of 44
Hey sorry to hear about your experience!

The pair of headphones you purchased are readily available through hundreds of retailers in North America, including Amazon at the time of your purchase.

Looking through your various interactions with our staff, it does look like our return policy along with restocking fees were reported to you several times which you ignored each time.

You had expressed that you wanted to buy several headphones and return the ones that did not work out for you and our staff let you know what our return policy surrounding that process would be.

We do make sure that our return policy is very clearly laid out and when you initiated your return, you did select a box that says "I acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the return policy conditions".

For the pair of headphones you chose, you also had the ability to rent the headphones out instead of purchasing them so there were quite a few options available to you if you were looking to avoid our restocking fees.

We understand that our return policies are not for everyone and its unfortunate that you have decided to write several posts all over the internet about our transparent fees. For our customers who the policy works for, they love the fact that they have the ability to return a pair of headphones (whether it's on day 1 or day 365) for a small fee. If they purchase a Focal Utopia today and in February of 2025, Focal announces a new version, they can return it for only $500 instead of trying to re-sell on the market at upwards of a 50% loss. In addition, they can continue to get excellent customer service from our customer experience team, fast, free shipping, a wealth of content along with an active community to participate in.
You really don’t have to justify your generous and clearly delineated return policies, Taron. For 365 days, you can return a headphone purchase not once, but twice, without incurring fees!! If there’s a more generous return policy out there, I haven’t found it!!
Thank you for your contribution to the Headfi community. You guys are appreciated.

Feb 26, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #42 of 44
You really don’t have to justify your generous and clearly delineated return policies, Taron. For 365 days, you can return a headphone purchase not once, but twice, without incurring fees!! If there’s a more generous return policy out there, I haven’t found it!!
Thank you for your contribution to the Headfi community. You guys are appreciated.
It can be good when you will keep the items you bought from them or even after 30 days ,if you charge people money who never used your platform not familiar with your policies , and when you reply to them about the fees when they mentioning about returning doesn’t make any sense , yeah after 30 days all fine not after a week . If no one else out here taking money first 30 days you also can’t anyways it’s great for you it worked out lol i ll do my part so people will hear this charge any fees after 30 days if. No one else doesn’t you can also very simple this is only fip off !

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #43 of 44
It can be good when you will keep the items you bought from them or even after 30 days ,if you charge people money who never used your platform not familiar with your policies , and when you reply to them about the fees when they mentioning about returning doesn’t make any sense , yeah after 30 days all fine not after a week . If no one else out here taking money first 30 days you also can’t anyways it’s great for you it worked out lol i ll do my part so people will hear this charge any fees after 30 days if. No one else doesn’t you can also very simple this is only fip off !

I'd recommend taking a breather and stepping out of this forum for a bit so you can properly process things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back