Headphones and Hearing-Loss Prevention
Jun 8, 2017 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

whispers

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of headphones that are designed specifically to prevent hearing-damage and/or hearing-loss while creating and listening to music. Would be nice to find a pair that I can set the headphones to a certain decibel? I prefer over-the-ear but any would do, something affordable. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 4
You can do all this stuff digitally... or better yet, just don't turn up the volume knob to far enough to blow your ears out. I don't see why you would need a specific headphone to do this but if you so insist, Etymotic sells an IEM made for kids that "limit" the sound but all it really is an IEM that has a low sensitivity and high impedance. With a powerful enough amp it wouldn't work anyways...

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm looking for a pair of headphones that are designed specifically to prevent hearing-damage and/or hearing-loss while creating and listening to music

Could you elaborate? How about when going to clubs loud environments?

You did not mention going to a club at all in your first post. That was your words, not mine. If you are going to a club, or a loud environment in general, there are many other solutions like earplugs that can adjust the amount of sound you want from the ambient environment.
If you just want to limit the volume on your computer, which you would obviously need to use to create music, you can use a software to limit the volume or reduce the gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back