headphone which you can sleep with
Aug 27, 2003 at 8:52 PM Post #31 of 39
I slept with my ER6 before. I must've pulled them out when I slept. In the morning, I forgot I had them. I went for a week looking for them. I found them on the floor behind my bed.

Another time I went to sleep with CD3k's. The next day I had a neck cramp.

Other non-interesting sleepy-times: KSC35, SportaPro, D66, and SR225.

I like the KSC35 the most, followed by the SportaPro.

Aug 27, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #32 of 39
just randomly found this online - a pillow speaker! :
biggrin.gif

http://www.ccrane.com/soft_speaker.asp

Aug 28, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by cello
just randomly found this online - a pillow speaker!

Wow, that actually looks interesting if cheesy, I think I might pick one up. I physically don't mind falling asleep with my Ety's in, but I'd never hear the alarm in the morning. I listen till I'm just sliding into unconciousness, then take them out of my ears and let go. Whle this method works, sooner or later I'm going to get caught!
frown.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 1:32 AM Post #34 of 39
I find the E888 relatively comfortable to sleep with much better than the Etys. Grados are cool too if you can keep your head straight which sleeping .
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #35 of 39
Thanks everyone for the answer. Now you probably know I'm not a native speaker from the way I phrase my question.

I guess I'll have to get another pair of speaker in the bedroom and try to install them on the ceiling and convince my wife to listen to the music with me.

The problem with speaker is that when I roll to sleep on my side, I get to hear only on one ear.

The sure EXX looks tempting. I'll try to audit it in a local store first to see if it is comfortable enough. The
Etymotic price is out of my range :frowning2:

May be the simplest solution is to mix down the signal to mono first and put only one side of the headphone on.

Does anybody has a broken
Etymotic where one side still work :) ?

Thanks,
-Nick

Aug 31, 2003 at 4:05 AM Post #36 of 39
I can tell you that Grado SR_80s are not friendly for sleeping.

Since they aren't terribly comfortable and they make noises when you move or put weight on them. They also have a very aggressive forward sound which is impossible to fall asleep to, even with soft music. I prefer listening to my Titans lightly instead.

Sep 27, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #37 of 39
Ety 4P is definitely hard to sleep with. I use sony fontopia headphone instead. Not as good sound but doesn't "get on the way".

Ety with earmold might be the best solution, however.

Sep 28, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #38 of 39
I sleep with my HD580s regularly. During the middle of the night, they'll wake me up and I remember to fling them off and I sleep the rest of the night on my side.
580smile.gif

Sep 28, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #39 of 39
the ety's or similar and a foam pillow? Cut a hole in the pillow that is large enough to relieve any pressure on the ear phone but small enough to still support your head. I have one of those thermal foam pillows and absolutely love it. I have a lot fewer upper back problems since I started sleeping on it, too.

MR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back