headphone which you can sleep with
Aug 26, 2003 at 11:15 AM Post #17 of 39
From headphones to bedphones!
Hmmmm!
Since sound quality when asleep seems moot how about wireless bedphones? At least you won't get caught up in the cord.

Aug 26, 2003 at 11:25 AM Post #18 of 39
Get some soundbugs! :p

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:25 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by skanan
I have an Ipod and like to listen to headphone and just fall asleep with it. I'm a side sleeper. The ipod headphone is not comfortable when I sleep on my side.

Which headphone is good in this situation ?

Thanks,
-Nick

It's hard to listen while you're sleeping. Your attention is diverted to your dreams...

Good bed headphones are probably V6/7506. I use them in bed sometimes.

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:22 PM Post #20 of 39
KSC-50's work well for me (I am also a side sleeper). But of course they're open, and they do leak a little.

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:33 PM Post #21 of 39
I like my ER-4P's for sleeping, though, not directly on the ear. I sort of sleep lying more on the back of my head or front of my head, since my ears hurt if I sleep directly on them.

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:14 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
It's hard to listen while you're sleeping. Your attention is diverted to your dreams...

not exactly..for me, entering the sleep with music in my head has different feeling if i wake up after a while. it's a music-drift combo.
of coarse i'm not listening, but my mind gets alot of info and it shows.
i've noticed that when i fall asleep with my phones and wake up in the end of the album, i'm in a VERY weird perceptive mode.
once my partner (he's a paramedic) came home at the moment it happened and i was not very communicative... he found that my blood pressure was through the roof, and he thought i'm ill, or something really bad happened..i talked some nonsense...it felt great actually
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #23 of 39
I sleep with my MX500s but my wife gets jealous.
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #24 of 39
I sleep on my side.
And I just can't use headphones.
Nothing I have tried works.
So I just stick to speakers for sleepy time.

Aug 26, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #25 of 39
am i the only one that can sleep on my back? for that, pretty much all my cans work...even the huge W1000. i wouldn't reccommend sleeping in your side with the ety's. it's really wierd, everytime i slip over onto my side while wearing the ety's, i am having a dream about something painful being done to my ears...like someone sticking an object in my ears and torturing me. at that point i discover that it is a dream and wake up with a horrible pain from sleeping on my side with the ety's in. i don't do that anymore though. and again i would advise others don't do it either. the ety's are really great if you know you can stay on your back or in a comfy position the whole knight...but who can control that. there's no way of knowing what you will do while asleep.

Aug 26, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #26 of 39
I don't mind listening to music when I go to bed. In fact, I do that almost every night. But how in the heck do you go the whole night with any kind of phones on with a cable?! I would think you would end up strangling yourself to death with the cable.

What I usually do is just have my HD600s hanging off the bedpost next to my head all night or fire up my huge Sony SAVA-7 computer speakers and let them play all night..... at a low level of coarse.
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2003 at 12:58 PM Post #28 of 39
I've managed to fall asleep with just about every headphone in my profile at one time or another. I really don't like waking up wearing the Grado HP-1
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #29 of 39
Chops,
for falling asleep, one sided cord is great. just though it above your head and it won't disturb you (or put you in danger
eek.gif
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back