Headphone stands
Nov 8, 2005 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Logistic

100+ Head-Fier
where do you guys get your headphone stands from? I'm looking for some cheap headphone stands to put my headphones on. The headphile ones look nice but are very expensive. I just basically need something to do the job, not particular about looks or materials.

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistic
What is a banana hanger?

http://www.google.com/search?q=banana+hanger
biggrin.gif

They look like this:
125859.jpg

They come in all shapes, colors, and materials.
biggrin.gif
(Usually shaped like a banana and is either wooden or metal.)

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #9 of 32
I'm building my own because I felt creative and it seemed like a fun idea.

My sketch:

The base and knobs' edges are going to be sanded and rounded, which isn't shown on the sketch.

Current progress:

Still needs sanding on the base before I stain it, I acually might go with a black-ish stain instead w/glossy finish. Then a black glossy paint for the stand/arm part.

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #11 of 32
There is no need of going t he DIY route, there are plenty of options in the market really cheap, those hanger runs for around 10.00, I saw a papel towel holder the other day in Ikea that was nice, etc...I use for my bedroom one of those standalone toliet papel holders, all chromed that is a dream, sturdy as hell, very nice looking and do the job nicely

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
There is no need of going t he DIY route, there are plenty of options in the market really cheap, those hanger runs for around 10.00, I saw a papel towel holder the other day in Ikea that was nice, etc...I use for my bedroom one of those standalone toliet papel holders, all chromed that is a dream, sturdy as hell, very nice looking and do the job nicely

Yeah but DIY is fun!

If it turns out look like crap then I'll know!

Ikea does have that cool looking towel rack, which I may buy if botch my DIY stand. The thing is Ikea is about two hours away from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back