Headphone stands - what do you use ?
Aug 13, 2001 at 1:53 AM Post #16 of 44
if you have the money (this damn thing costs $100) you could get the Stax Stand:

Hps1.jpg

HPS-ZACK.jpg

007_1.jpg

Aug 13, 2001 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 44
yeah the stax style one is probably the easiest and can stand as a temporary 1 until i can build a funkier one.

hmmm anyone got the measurements from one of those stands ?
or do i ahve to dot he normal trick and take a tape measure to the shop
smily_headphones1.gif

and no way am i gonna spend $100 us on a peice of wood and some perspex. I'll make my own
smily_headphones1.gif

buying one of those would be even more silly than buying boltz cd rack ( friggin expensive for 2 stainless steel plates and few rods ) i made one out of scrap aluminium fotr my desk and am currently designng on ein sutocad so i can send off to the laser cutting place to get new end peices cut professionally
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 12:25 AM Post #18 of 44
I found a Desk organizer thingee that has center drawers and two side slots (for letters and folders I guess). Turns out that on side of either my Senn 600 or Grado RS-2's just fits in the slot. Make a great rack for them both.

Aug 14, 2001 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 44
My headphone rack: Either my bedroom floor, or stuffed into my Traveler bag with my archos mp3 player, cosmic amp and discman. And guess what - it won't ever affect the performance of my cans, either!

I love Etys.

Sep 26, 2001 at 10:45 PM Post #20 of 44
I say go for the human skull
very_evil_smiley.gif
, I used to have one. But it migth be better if you hang them from the middle of the headband instead. Get a cow skull, like those in the cowboys movies, and hang it from one of the horns. You could also go to the taxidermist to get a prepared animal head for that (please don't report me to Greenpeace of PETA). Another not so expensive solution is using those headphone stands from Radioshack, They won't put pressure on the pads and basically work as hangers. Check them out.

Sep 27, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #21 of 44
Jeez i scare myself with some of the stuff I think of but ,or multiple headphones a kind of mini filing cabinet,wood of course,with drawers of about 10X10X5 to handle even large cans,then drill holes in the back of the drawers.
Next run the headphone cables out the back and to a dedicated headphone switching unit with a captive cord that goes to the amp.Changing cans would be a simple flip of a switch

YES I AM STRANGE so you need not say it
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2001 at 9:44 PM Post #22 of 44
I personally believe in headphone-drawers. Easy to use, keeps the dust out, prevents accidental damage, and creates a clean look at the listening site. The only issue is cable/routing and/or unplugging.

Sep 27, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #23 of 44
I use drawers...stands don't protect from dust...and headphone storage is supposed to keep em clean right? Else if you want them to impress anyone...it'd probably be better on someones head than on a dummy's head.

Sep 27, 2001 at 11:52 PM Post #25 of 44
I like how they rate the skulls according number of imperfections and missing teeth. LOL

Sep 29, 2001 at 2:23 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

morphsci said...

Huh! Mine came with my body for free!
evil_smiley.gif

Blast, beaten to it!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back