Headphone shops near eastern mass
Jul 1, 2007 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cyrian

Head-Fier
i live in eastern mass, and i'm looking into a new paiir of headphones, mmost likely MS-1's or a pair of other grados, though some senns are also a possibility. and i was wondering if there was anyone in the boston/framingham area of massachusetts that knew of any shops that would have some grados or senns out for listening?

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 14
or perhaps anywhere in mass? if i get a day off i can drive out west towards springfield... though i really wouldnt like to if i could avoid it.

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 14
Haven't all of those places been driven out of business by high taxes? When your business, merchandise, and customers are highly taxed - business suffers and ceases to exist. You are fated to do as the rest of us have had to do - go to Head-Fi meets, or just order on-line, then sell the errors in judgement.

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 14
aw poop, i guess i'll just have to order them then, i'll go with the ms-1 that seems to come highly recommended

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 14
aw sweet, i'll def have to check that out once i get back to school. yay for living near comm ave

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 14
also try that place in the top floor of The Garage at Harvard Square. Most Grados, several Senns, and one or two AKG last time I was there, plus it's very quiet and relaxed, you can test them for an hour and they won't blink an eye. I speak from experience.

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 14
You should come to the Boston meet we're having on August 26th. You can find the thread here.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also try that place in the top floor of The Garage at Harvard Square. Most Grados, several Senns, and one or two AKG last time I was there, plus it's very quiet and relaxed, you can test them for an hour and they won't blink an eye. I speak from experience.

Amazing, I've been to the Garage thousands of times, and I've never noticed this place. I'll have to stop by next time I'm in Cambridge.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #10 of 14
yeah, me too! i got my piercing done in chameleon, i dont think i've noticed it before either

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aw sweet, i'll def have to check that out once i get back to school. yay for living near comm ave

k1000smile.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #12 of 14
is spearit by the radioshack in BU? or is it more towards newton?

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, me too! i got my piercing done in chameleon, i dont think i've noticed it before either

Maybe it's on the third floor. I've seen people take an elevator around the back where the Pho Pasteur (now Le's) is. I always thought they were just too lazy to walk up to Newbury's.

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it's on the third floor. I've seen people take an elevator around the back where the Pho Pasteur (now Le's) is. I always thought they were just too lazy to walk up to Newbury's.

Audio Lab is the place y'all are referring to. I can't remember which floor it's technically on, since The Garage is basically one upwards winding hallway, but it's pretty much at the top, past Newbury Comics (but below Crazy Dough's, I believe). Great place for demoing, as facelvega said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back