Headphone Savior Case
Jun 6, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 40
can you put headphone there with their cables on?
some old, good headphones still have attached cables

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #18 of 40
can you put headphone there with their cables on?
some old, good headphones still have attached cables

If you're referring to the Amazon bag (not sure), I haven't tried it except with the Koss Electrostats (shown in the Savior video). If you want me to try them with some LCD (though they're removable), I can try that and report back. I don't have any headphones that have permanent cables, but the LCD are probably big enough to test.

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #19 of 40
I just went to your website and did not locate them. Is there a direct link @DekoniAudio ?
It's in the accessories section. I noticed you have to click the box that says "Heather Gray" to select an option for bag color.
https://dekoniaudio.com/product-category/parts-accessories/

Interesting, I was actually asking around looking for something that looks like a carry bag, but a headphone case with well thought out compartments inside.

This one looks more like a camera bag than anything else. I was hoping for a more secure headphone fit type bag that prevents banging around inside. Or keeps it from moving much inside. It would be also nice to have a compartment to fit a transportable source DAC/Amp.

I mean more like a typical headphone carrying case (they fit the contours better) in the interior with exterior compartments with a carrying strap.
It is like a camera bag (in fact it matches my Peak Design Everyday Backpack pretty well), but it's taller and wider than most camera bags that are designed for a body with one lens attached. It definitely can secure headphones from banging around... it comes with two velcro dividers that can be "stuck" inside so that they keep headphones snug.

I was able to fit both a FiiO X7 and Sony DAP at the same time into the front pocket, though it would be more practical to carry a battery bank for travel than two DAPs, hah! A Chord Mojo or Apogee Groove fit into the mesh lid pocket easily, though I'm sure you could get creative creating a compartment with the velcro dividers to accommodate a larger DAC/amp.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 40
Looks good. Would love to know where one can buy these in Europe...

Would it fit an Abyss 1266?

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #21 of 40
Looks like a purse. I'll take my ZMF case any day over that thing. With my ZMF case it looks like I'm going into battle as opposed to going to the mall.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #22 of 40
It's in the accessories section. I noticed you have to click the box that says "Heather Gray" to select an option for bag color.
https://dekoniaudio.com/product-category/parts-accessories/

It is like a camera bag (in fact it matches my Peak Design Everyday Backpack pretty well), but it's taller and wider than most camera bags that are designed for a body with one lens attached. It definitely can secure headphones from banging around... it comes with two velcro dividers that can be "stuck" inside so that they keep headphones snug.

I was able to fit both a FiiO X7 and Sony DAP at the same time into the front pocket, though it would be more practical to carry a battery bank for travel than two DAPs, hah! A Chord Mojo or Apogee Groove fit into the mesh lid pocket easily, though I'm sure you could get creative creating a compartment with the velcro dividers to accommodate a larger DAC/amp.
A thought occured to me. Get a bag like a camera bag or something of size that will fit a headphone case, and it's all good. Headphones are much more secure inside headphone cases. I personally wanted a headphone case with a sling though, it's more convenient than putting the case inside another bag. It's important for the headphone holding area to keep the headphone secure not moving around. I don't like if there are lots of room for the headphone to move around inside. To avoid this, a headphone case and a small bag will work. Because the headphone has extra protection from the case with little to no movement in the headphone case.

I imagine a case like Focal's with a sling. But, I do wish for an exterior (or interior in a creative solution) compartment for a small transportable DAC/Amp attached as well. Less purse looking if that can be accomplished as well.

71+yQ1kjPXL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #23 of 40
Looks like a purse. I'll take my ZMF case any day over that thing. With my ZMF case it looks like I'm going into battle as opposed to going to the mall.
Haha, yes, it does look like a purse, although the dark version looks somewhat better. Do you mean the ZMF seahorse case? That is way too bulky for me.

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #24 of 40
Can you post the interior dimensions of the bag? I know it will fit but I'm also looking for something to carry around my Sony DMP-Z1 with. :)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #25 of 40
Looks good. Would love to know where one can buy these in Europe...

Would it fit an Abyss 1266?

Probably not, Abyss 1266 is in another class all by its self. Our distributors in Europe are getting their shipments within the next two weeks. WOD Audio and Electromod will have stock.

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jun 6, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #26 of 40
Please shrink that Dekoni logo. Some of us don't want to be walking billboards. A small discrete logo would be better. Thanks.

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #27 of 40
Probably not, Abyss 1266 is in another class all by its self. Our distributors in Europe are getting their shipments within the next two weeks. WOD Audio and Electromod will have stock.
Any plans for making one for the 1266?

Jun 7, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #28 of 40
Where is it made?

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #29 of 40
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back