Headphone Recommendations under $600
Feb 21, 2020 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

minjunk

Head-Fier
Hello. I want to get a pair of headphones for around $600, but couldn't find a recommendations list anywhere. I am looking for a closed-back pair of full size headphones. I would prefer it if they came with a case. The impedance is not a deciding factor since I will be using a portable amp (most likely the Fiio Q5s with the AM3D module). A neutral sound signature is preferred, though it is not necessary. If possible, I would like the headband to be the type that has only 1 band, like the ones on Beyerdynamic headphones or the Drop HE-4XX. Thank you.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 7
Ether CX would be a really great choice, but it's a little bit out of your budget since it's $750. Although, there's also the choice of the THX00 and the E-MU Teak, although both are not exactly neutral, they're kinda close to it.

Hope that helps.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 7
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Ether CX would be a really great choice, but it's a little bit out of your budget since it's $750. Although, there's also the choice of the THX00 and the E-MU Teak, although both are not exactly neutral, they're kinda close to it.

Hope that helps.
The THX00s and the E-MUs are not for sale currently, though I am sure they would be good choices. Thank you telling me about those, though.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 7
TR/TH have a very clear V shape (recessed mids). For me unlistenable without EQ. And I think it is wrong to conclude you can drive any headphone well with a portable amp. Impedance is not all that matters. Efficiency has a great impact also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back