Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget
Aug 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 33
How did you get scammed? Was it a private sale? Doesn't PayPal cover you on that?

Well it was through a ebay-like (actually owned by eBay I believe) website where people can offer their second-hand items.

I payed through a bank transfer, so I can't refund the money. I can only hope I still receive my headphones but I doubt it since he stopped responding since I transferred the money more than a week ago.

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #19 of 33
Well it was through a ebay-like (actually owned by eBay I believe) website where people can offer their second-hand items.

I payed through a bank transfer, so I can't refund the money. I can only hope I still receive my headphones but I doubt it since he stopped responding since I transferred the money more than a week ago.

Ehhh...That's why here in the trading forum, everyone is cautioned never to do a bank transfer or a gift PayPal. Use the PayPal option where you are a product or service. Otherwise, you are out of luck. Too bad. :frown:

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #20 of 33
Ehhh...That's why here in the trading forum, everyone is cautioned never to do a bank transfer or a gift PayPal. Use the PayPal option where you are a product or service. Otherwise, you are out of luck. Too bad.
frown.gif

Yeah, could've know the deal was too good to be true... I was blinded by the possibilty of getting a higher-end Grado. Sucks...

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #21 of 33
just wait another week or two...
some sellers are just too lazy to respond after they dropped the item off the post office.
i had a few of those, but all turned out well. 
cross your toes :p

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #22 of 33
  just wait another week or two...
some sellers are just too lazy to respond after they dropped the item off the post office.
i had a few of those, but all turned out well. 
cross your toes :p

Well in The Netherlands we have a 1-day package delivery, so even if he'd dropped it off without telling me I would've known by now.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #23 of 33
U can stop worrying then...:p :rolleyes:

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #26 of 33
Phew. Glad Lorspeaker was right.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now, to the more important question, how do they sound?

I like them so far, but it's not like I'm noticing a huge difference (from the top of my head) between this and the HD 25-II I own, but I won't judge them yet as I read the break in is far from subtle for these. Maybe higher-end headphones are just not for me. I've never listened to a pair that really made me say "Wow this is miles better than my gaming headset" (Creative Soundblaster Tactic3D Rage btw). Idk if that's something that's wrong with me or if more people have that problem. I don't really have a trained ear or any kind of experience in telling what I like specifically about a pair of headphones other than "I like them" or not. I can however compare them to the HD 25-II's and tell you how that went, and I'll do that either today or tomorrow.

I was really hoping for a pair that would blow me away with how amazing they were for the music I listen to, but maybe I'll never experience that...
This is the second pair of €150 headphones I own but if they don't blow me away I don't know if it's even worth it to buy them. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #27 of 33
I was really hoping for a pair that would blow me away with how amazing they were for the music I listen to, but maybe I'll never experience that...

HD 25-II are very good headphones. Probably to feel more blown away, you might have to find that set of headphones that has just the right frequency response curve (bass, mid, treble emphasis) for you.

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #28 of 33
HD 25-II are very good headphones. Probably to feel more blown away, you might have to find that set of headphones that has just the right frequency response curve (bass, mid, treble emphasis) for you.

How would I even know where to look? It'd just be a random "try everything until you found something you like"-buy spree, which I can't afford. I wish there was a high end headphone/music store somewhere nearby, but I doubt there'd be more than one or two in the whole country. Everything is web shop nowadays.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #29 of 33
225 grado

The 325 is 300 bucks but it may be too bright. People say grados are good for metal, but when i first got my GRADO sr 325is everytime I listened to rock music it actually HURT. That's how bright it is lmao.

But it's dynamics and details are unmatched.

I recommend the 225 because it's not as bright. Once you get used to that, move up to the 325. If you don't like it try the ATH M50. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back