Headphone recommendation for versatile music listener
Jun 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DeronV26

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am not much of an audiophile guy but I really like to listen to music. I am looking for a replacement from my Beats Solo 2. Overall, I'm versatile in term of sounds and genre.I listen to industrial hip-hop ( or any hip-hop), which I found the sound to be bassy, bouncy and abrasive, and also drone/ambient and jazz, which I like to pick up the detail in it. I am wondering if you guys could recommend me any closed over-ear or on-ear head (price range: 100$-200$) for my case. I heard ATH-M50X's sound are balanced but lack in the bass. Thank you for helping!

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 12
I found the bass on the M50s to be very bloated the upper ranges were not too bad but could not get past the bloated bass. The V-Moda M100's do come with the bass for sure much tighter and punchier than the M50's.

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 12
I myself can not stand a on ear headphone you might but for me they are a no go.

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 12
I myself can not stand a on ear headphone you might but for me they are a no go.
I also heard the fit for the V-Moda XS makes it slide easily whenever you jerk your head. I'm going to ride skateboard here and there in college so I don't want it to fall off. So I might go with the over-the-ear style (besides I might need noise isolation too).

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 12
I also heard the fit for the V-Moda XS makes it slide easily whenever you jerk your head. I'm going to ride skateboard here and there in college so I don't want it to fall off. So I might go with the over-the-ear style (besides I might need noise isolation too).
Yes that probably would be better. I bought my first skateboard in the mid 70's so that makes me a old guy but I have gone over 50 mph on a skateboard had a guy on a motorcycle riding next to me to see how fast I was going. It was a Logan Earthski 32 inches long and 6 inches wide with Independent trucks and hard urethane wheels from a pair of speed skates. Some of the most stupidest things I've done but damn was it fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back