Headphone reccomendation - tight and defined bass it's a must !
Jan 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #16 of 28
Hey,
you can get either the pl2500 or pl750 for about $276 at Northern Sound and Lights, once you register an account with them. You might have to pay $1 to make an account online, but for the steep discount from the original price of those headphones...eh, it might be worth it. I also bought a k701 from there, so I know that site is trustworthy.

*edit* I would stay away from the dt770/80 if you already know what tight, clean bass sounds like. The bass is alright, but I'm guessing it would not meet your requirements except for providing the bass quantity you're looking for(based on my experience with the dt770 and the k701).

*edit* Didn't see that you're in Europe. Not sure if NS&L will sell to you there:/

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 28
Ok then, 770 is definively out...Northen sound and lights ships US only, not a great news.

I have heard only good things about UE Super.Fi 5Pro, very nice, smooth and clear mids and highs and the bass is there defined and controled. There is also available and extended bass version, Super.fi 5 EB.But how it stay comparing to SR60 bass?! Is SF5 a good option for me...?

I'm planing to listen hip hop and electronic music with this headphone I want to buy, mainly,but If they match my tastes I will be glad to listen even others genres.

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #18 of 28
Sit on a sub woofer whilst wearing the K601 too
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #21 of 28
I think around 25h,but unamplified. I'm waiting for my amp to make them shine.

I will read some reviews, if I found them, of Super.fi 5 Pro or EB to find out how it stays on the bass quality side. I think it's a kind of difference (quite big) between this 2 models, reflected also in their prices.

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #22 of 28
These headphones really change a lot with burn-in, and the bass really improves as it approaches + or - 200 hours, especially with an amp. It still won't be as much as the 770, but it's still significant. I'd highly suggest waiting to hear what these headphones turn into before buying new ones (unless you have the money to throw around).

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #23 of 28
Yes indeed, I want to arrive my amp and then to see what changes could do to my K601 and even SR60. Actually I'm only researching but I don't think k601 would provide the amount of bass that I want. The SQ, bass wise, is great even unamplified.

For the moment SR225 and Super.fi 5 remains on my list, and I'm trying to find out which other models have quantity and very good impact/punch. Maybe you could give me alternatives or comment on those chosen.

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #25 of 28
I've never heard this headphone, but IIRC the Denon D2000 has some nice bass. Run a search on it. I think you can get a used one for close to $250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back