Headphone Protection Plans?
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MyStillRemains

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to the forums so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.

Does anyone know where I can buy a protection plan for headphones purchased from Amazon? I plan on getting the TripleFi 10's and would really like to make sure that my investment is protected.

Also, can someone tell me where I can get some ear guides that are compatible with the TF10's? I was hoping to use them for some light activities, but I'm extremely worried about microphonics and about the fit.

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 10
Some credit cards have some kind of protection if you buy it with there card ones that come to mind are some of the AMEX cards. If you have renters insurance maybe its possible to add it into it. Can really think of anything else except perhaps call UE/logitech to see if they offer anything. 

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 10
Not sure what you mean by guides but this they have custom tips that you can try. Think there is a company called 1964 that makes them, also not sure but etymotic may make them as well. 

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by guides but this they have custom tips that you can try. Think there is a company called 1964 that makes them, also not sure but etymotic may make them as well. 

Well, what I was looking for was something more like this:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Over_the_Ear_Cable_Guides_p/ep-set3cableguide-cl.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Earloop-Earhook-Replacement-Jawbone/dp/B003GDL3ZE/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344617350&sr=1-24&keywords=headphones+ear+hook

I just need to know about any that are compatible with the TF10. Those 1964 sleeves also look pretty interesting but are kind of pricy, and I have heard that they make the TF10's stick out like Frankenstein's bolts.

Quote:
Sqauretrade warranties are great! you can often find a discount coupon too if you search online. 

Do you know when the deadline to purchase this warranty is? (i.e. 30 days after purchase of headphones, 1 year, no deadline, etc.) Because Best Buy, for example, only allows you to buy one of their protection plans within 30 days of product purchase.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #9 of 10
+1 for Squaretrade Warranty, I've been using them for years and they've always come through for me. Also, if you sell your headphones, the warranty is transferable to the buyer or you can choose to cancel it, and get money back from the original purchase price of the warranty.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #10 of 10
Okay, I think I will be purchasing the TripleFi 10's with the SquareTrade Warranty since you guys are so pleased with it. Now can anyone give me some more recommendations regarding ear hooks that are compatible with these IEMs? Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back