headphone noob sennheiser hd 598
Dec 16, 2010 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rockmonkey95

New Head-Fier
Hi.  The title basically says it all.  I'm in need of new headphones, but i want to get nice ones with good sound quality and durability this time.  I was wondering if the sennheiser hd 598's were good.  I'm not sure what to look for when looking for headphones and was wondering if someone could help me out a bit.  I like to listen to all types of music.  The main thing i was wondering was if i could hook it the hd 598's to my phone or ipod.  If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated ty

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 7
if it open does it mean it cant be used for outside??

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Open headphones means that the backs of the headphone cups are not sealed, like traditional headphones are. This means that lots of outside sound can get in, and lots of sound can get out. It can be used outside, but that depends entirely on how quiet your "outside" is. A nice stroll through a quiet park would be lovely with some hd595's, but the roar of a subway would completely drown out your music.

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Open headphones means that the backs of the headphone cups are not sealed, like traditional headphones are. This means that lots of outside sound can get in, and lots of sound can get out. It can be used outside, but that depends entirely on how quiet your "outside" is. A nice stroll through a quiet park would be lovely with some hd595's, but the roar of a subway would completely drown out your music.

oh ok thanks. and the reason Ill be using this is going work walking. but like you said the subway might ruin so i might have to not use them in subway area. if that the case Im getting this cans no matter what. Im loving the looks and heard the sound is amazingg

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 7
I can vouch for the sound of the 5x8 models. Incredibly smooth, vocals like none other. One tip, though, is to take out the black cloth screen that protects the driver. It opens up the soundstage, and brings out minute details, along with freeing up the highs a little bit.

Enjoy your hd598's!

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 7
The 5x8 has the same frequency graph as the 595, uses the same cheap, plastic headband which almost cracks with no abuse. I have a very hard time believing the 598 is worth $250. The 595 is worth $75-$100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back