Headphone Imbalance, Fixable?
Jul 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mysticcal

New Head-Fier
So my HD595 have an imbalance with the left channel being louder (and actually having bass) While the right is much quieter. I turned them around and it confirmed it along with listening to mono input.

If Sennheiser sells replacement speakers. Would that be a likely fix? Or should I send them in to get repaired? It doesn't seem that hard to fix (already replaced a cable).

Just looking for some thoughts on this.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Replace the driver Imo...or see if sennheiser replace the headphones (if they are still under warranty)

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 4
Either to replace, your clean your ears from earwax. The latter helped the imbalance alot! And all along I thought it was the headphones...

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 4

Either to replace, your clean your ears from earwax. The latter helped the imbalance alot! And all along I thought it was the headphones...

The OP stated that the imbalance remained with the headphone, not the ear, when he turned them around, so earwax isn't the problem in this case. (I have had an earwax problem, which I first noticed when my IEMs seemed imbalanced. Swapping the phones left/right immediately made it clear that the problem wasn't the phones...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back