Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Nov 28, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #136 of 145

Quote:

I suggest those who attack the OP for such a good decision get down off your Ivory tower and view the world as it really is.

geeze i wasn't attacking him as I stated in my post I don't have an opinion about his situation, i was responding to the post about flipping for profit in general.  And I didn't mean making money off a rare item, I mean using head-fi for sale forums as a business model or store front.  It's good to have rare items sold on headfi because it keeps them here for more reviews and discussion, etc.  If no one could ever make money off a sale, then all the rare items would go to ebay and that would be too bad. 

anyways it will be interesting to see what the op thinks with flat pads instead of bare metal on the ears.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #139 of 145
Sorry, this is my fault for the language I used, "attack" was way too strong. I agree, the OP wasn't being attacked. Sorry for my part in the diversion from topic.

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #140 of 145
your are some lucky guy man..
you find a legend for the price of a commoner..

I really envy you here..

but congratulations on your find and hope you enjoy it to their fullest..

cheers

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #141 of 145
I feel really sorry for the oblivious person who started that garage sale and put those up for $25...
Someones going to be kill themself when they realise they sold a limited, unique, legendary set of cans for $25.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #142 of 145
Wow... just wow... Actually, I'm speechless!
I assume the person who put them up for sale saw them, thought they were old (beacuse of Grado's retro look) and said: "We'll be lucky if we can sell them for a few bucks". It reminded me of the old couple that had a Michelangelo painting worth $300 million behind their living room sofa for 27 years...

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #143 of 145
OP COME BACK. I wanna hear the end of this dreary tale haha

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #144 of 145
Please stop bumping this thread!!! It's painful lol

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #145 of 145
haha sorry. It's awesome though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back