Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Nov 10, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #77 of 145

Quote:
So I assume I'm doin' it wrong, but here's a pic of my sweet setup
redface.gif
lolol.

I noticed I failed to address the "What gear are you using?" question, and I'm thinking an iPod isn't really the best choice. Need some adv.
biggrin.gif

Please say your mp3s are 128kbps to troll us more.

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #78 of 145

Quote:

Please say your mp3s are 128kbps to troll us more.

HAHAHA I found that hilarious for some reason

No, but seriously OP, you're going to hell.

Kidding of course, but you got an INSANE deal, like everybody else has said.

On a different not though, if I were you I would just sell those and get the LCD-2 and a good source/amp. I used to love the Grado sound sig until I heard neutral cans and I was hooked.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #80 of 145
I would easily take a set of $1500 headphones out of an ipod in the short term, over selling the cans and spending $1500 on headphones, amp, source, interconnects, and beer.

Why?

Because he can always add amplification to this setup, then add a better source, etc, and grow from there. If he does the former option, he'll be hard pressed a couple years down the line to find another $1500 to get another set of HP-2s (and that's assuming he can even find some for sale).

Panda, don't even -think- about selling those unless they're broken and someone wants to buy them in order to repair them. Aside from being an awesome piece of gear, they're a collectible.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #81 of 145
Well I don't think he'll consider selling them right now. But 2 weeks later and who knows, upgraditis might set in.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #82 of 145

Quote:

Clearly you haven't heard the HP1000.  They are one of the most neutral headphones ever made, and do not have the grado sound sig, that's kind of the whole point...

Indeed I have not. I just kind of assumed they sounded like Grados.

My mistake, sir.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #83 of 145

Quote:
Indeed I have not. I just kind of assumed they sounded like Grados.

My mistake, sir.

It's alright
smily_headphones1.gif
No need to apologize. We're all one big happy family

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #85 of 145
This is a very special phone.  You should not sell it and keep it under glass.  It will only appreciate in value and no newer phone will replace it no matter if it sounds better or not.  I'm not usually one to give useful and non self-serving advice but even I have my limits.  Keep them and enjoy unless you feel you wouldn't appreciate them as much as another and want to cash in.

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #86 of 145
Awesome find. I'll echo what everyone else has said. Keep them unless you dislike the sound and someone who is looking for that particular phone is willing to pay you the $$$ for them. Then you can get different equipment. I wouldn't just sell them for the money though. $1500 will slip through your fingers faster than you think, and after you spend it odds are you will regret no longer having those very limited headphones.

Also, keep those bad boys under lock and key and DO NOT tell your friends how much they are worth. Call me cynical, but those headphones are much more likely to walk off if everyone knows they can get big money for them...

Also, could you buy a lottery ticket and mail it to me? Thanks 
wink_face.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #87 of 145
At this rate somebody's going to find an HE90/ HEV90 for $250-300.  (If anyone would like to offer me that deal, I'll be happy to oblige. I'd LOVE an Orpheus...
dt880smile.png
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back