Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Nov 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #61 of 145
Someone remind me not to hold a garage sale if/when I grow old and go senile.

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #62 of 145
Nov 9, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #63 of 145

Quote:
^ are you joking???

these are $1000 dollar headphones, not 150 dollar headphones. The difference is huge. The OP probably doesn't even have an amp or decent source to power these with, which makes me cry.

If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiophile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #64 of 145

Quote:
If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiofile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
wink.gif

Like the way you spell "audiofile"

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #65 of 145
Nov 10, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #67 of 145
People will suggest $1000 dollar amps and $1500 dollar DACs for such a high quality headphone.

Also, lock up that headphone. I'm coming to take it.

I also get the impression that I'm being trolled. But I don't care.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #68 of 145
ummmm, yeah. playing out of an ipod nano isnt the best way to go with these headphones. you should get a new source first and foremost IMO. how much are you willing to invest in these headphones?

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #69 of 145
don't worry,your gear is just fine
you can grow slowly. ipod is average,it is not bad at all

all you have to do is to plan your next gear
smily_headphones1.gif

probably a new portable player like Hippo Gumstick (with class A amp that should last you pretty long)
later grow your headphones with good amps (solid state or tubes according to your taste)
tbc

enjoy your luxurious headphones

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #70 of 145

Quote:
So I assume I'm doin' it wrong, but here's a pic of my sweet setup
redface.gif
lolol.

I noticed I failed to address the "What gear are you using?" question, and I'm thinking an iPod isn't really the best choice. Need some adv.
biggrin.gif

Oh wow.  Judging by the rolled corners I assume thats a Nano 1G?  I would invest in an amp and a LO connector if you are sticking w/ Apple.  Consider maybe an iPod 5.5, iPhone 4, Nano 6G if the Nano 1G isn't up to the task for you as a source.  For amps I recommend the CMoy BB for $65, iBasso T3 for $120, Arrow 12HE 2G for $265, Meier Stepdance for $370 or a Pico slim/DAC or TTVJ slim/DAC combo.  

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #73 of 145
yeah, the HP2's would sound better with better source and amp because they are very transparent and revealing.  But I would take an ipod->HP2 rig over a lot of other rigs, so it's still not a waste if the OP likes the sound. 

I do think that it would be cool if you took the HP2's to Guitar Center or something and compared them to other headphones just so you know what you've got there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back