Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Nov 8, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #35 of 145
I just read this thread....all I can say is: 
eek.gif

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #37 of 145
Quote:
Where would a switch like that be? As far as I can tell, there are no switches.

So these are the ones that are supposed to be used? Perhaps I'll order these then.

The 2 hand screws on the side? They look pretty good and aren't loose or anything as far as I can tell!

The switch would be on the side of the cup

Yeah Flats are definitely what you want sound wise. Different pads can change the sound pretty drastically.

Yep the ones on the side. It's not too uncommon that those will be loose or come out but it's nothing to worry about if yours are good. More pics would be great and impressions once you get some pads.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #41 of 145
from now on, everyone in this thread will stop by every garage sale they ever see, in hopes of finding $1000 cans for 25$

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #42 of 145
That means they are HP2's.  Doesn't really matter, they sound the same whether or not they have switches.  But I'd rather have an HP2 without switches because it's less parts to fail. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #43 of 145

Quote:
from now on, everyone in this thread will stop by every garage sale they ever see, in hopes of finding $1000 cans for 25$

The chances seem pretty low of finding HP2's at a garage sale.  I mean the people who own these generally know what they are.  And there were only 1000 made if I'm not mistaken. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #44 of 145
It looks in great nick. I wonder what the story behind it is and how it came to be sold for $25! Having parted with items I did not know the value of at the time, I hope that person never finds out what they were sitting on. I'm somehow picturing a little old lady happy at pocketing $25
frown.gif

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #45 of 145
@Gigantapanda What gear are you using these headphones with? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back