Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Nov 8, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 145
those look like the HP-2s. those go for over $1200 around here. how much did you buy those for?

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 145

Quote:
Thecoolguy, I got these for 25 so I am **** bricks right now if you are serious about that. They look functional, SoSpecial, but I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet so I guess I can't be so sure (esp. if they are really that fancy)

Where could I find a cord that would enable me to listen to them?

Got any friends who have a guitar amp or a stereo receiver or home theater amp? You can get an adapter here.

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 145

Quote:
Thecoolguy, I got these for 25 so I am **** bricks right now if you are serious about that. They look functional, SoSpecial, but I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet so I guess I can't be so sure (esp. if they are really that fancy)

Where could I find a cord that would enable me to listen to them?

I'm serious. you could sell these for $1500 if you wanted to. you sir, got one hell of a deal.

heres a nice adaptor cable-http://www.headphone.com/accessories/adaptors/cardas-14-to-18-adaptor.php

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #8 of 145

Quote:
Oh awesome they look to be pretty inexpensive- before I buy one online though, do you think I could pick something like it up at BestBuy if I bring them the headphones? (Or will it be extortion at that point; I hear retail likes to overcharge for cables/converters?)

They do, it will be like $9 usually. Don't take them the headphones, It's not safew to carry around $1000-1500 piece of electronics. If you break it or it get stolen that would be a sad day.

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 145

Quote:
They do, it will be like $9 usually. Don't take them the headphones, It's not safew to carry around $1000-1500 piece of electronics. If you break it or it get stolen that would be a sad day.

Hmm wow I feel pretty dumb lol because I was going to take these snowboarding with me if they worked. I guess if I ask for a 3.5MM STEREO MALE TO 6.3MM STEREO FEMALE ADAPTER, they'll know what I'm wanting then?

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #12 of 145
you should change the name of this thread to "Bought Grado HP-2 for $25" 
This thread whould get ALOT more attention

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 145
The Hp2's come stock with the L-cushions, do you have them or are those pictures all that came with them? IF so get the G-Cushes.

Also the woodies are a custom job if I remember correctly, it's a pretty extensive mod if you do it yourself, and includes with submerging your headphones in hot water if I remember correctly.

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #14 of 145

Quote:
The Hp2's come stock with the L-cushions, do you have them or are those pictures all that came with them? IF so get the G-Cushes.

Also the woodies are a custom job if I remember correctly, it's a pretty extensive mod if you do it yourself, and includes with submerging your headphones in hot water if I remember correctly.

I think there's a place that does the woodeing for you. cant remember the name of the website or if they do the HP-2's or not, but they had a bunch of grado mods available

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #15 of 145

Quote:
you should change the name of this thread to "Bought Grado HP-2 for $25" 
This thread whould get ALOT more attention

This could be an epic thread that spawns conversation for years like some of those. ;P

Quote:
I think there's a place that does the woodeing for you. cant remember the name of the website or if they do the HP-2's or not, but they had a bunch of grado mods available

Yeah I can't remember the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back