Headphone hair - how to deal with it?
Jan 23, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of you are just going to have to lose the MULLETS.

eek.gif
but...but...business in the front, party in the back...

Usually I just don't worry about it, or wear it as a badge of audio honor to class and such. For when I have a vested interest in my hair, I usually pull a fro-picking trick and just comb up that little spot...even though I don't have a fro, it works to just puff the area up back to a normal looking, what's the word...puffyness?

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by galway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphone hair in the corporate environment.

LOL! That is rich!

Mar 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 40
i wear a hat mostly. i have sort of curly hair when its longish, so i like the top of my head to be flat and straightish rather than poofy and curlish.

so just wear a hat when using headphones and keep the hat hair rather than headphone hair

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #22 of 40
Headphone hair isn't a problem for me--I shave my head. However some cans, like the AKG 701 with their plastic pads, cause temporary marks on the skin. I call this phenomena 'headphone scalp.'
cool.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphone hair isn't a problem for me--I shave my head. However some cans, like the AKG 701 with their plastic pads, cause temporary marks on the skin. I call this phenomena 'headphone scalp.'
cool.gif

The reason I started buzzing my hair is for improved performance with my AKG headphones. I don't cut it short enough for this "headphone scalp" to be a problem though.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only solution I have found for 'headphone hair' is to use my KSC75's or ER6's once I've done my hair, saving my k701's or sr225's for evening.

Clip-ons rule. It's too bad the KSC series are the only ones worth listening to though. We need an upgrade path!

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #26 of 40
Thanks for the links. I was aware of the Audio-Technicas but I read some reviews about them and dismissed those clip-ons for some reason. I'll take a look at some more reviews and reconsider.

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 40
Mar 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #28 of 40
Luckily hair is not a problem for me.
Its so short that wearing headphones don't mess it up at all.

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhobhstr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the links. I was aware of the Audio-Technicas but I read some reviews about them and dismissed those clip-ons for some reason. I'll take a look at some more reviews and reconsider.

I know there's been reviews here about the woodie ones. There was even a loaner program for them.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #30 of 40
errr I'm pretty much fine just rubbing my head after wearing headphones, the hair springs right back outwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back