Headphone hair - how to deal with it?
Jan 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Dougboy

Head-Fier
I love listening to music with headphones but i also like my hair the way it is
frown.gif
Im sure im not the only one here with this problem. The headband always pushes down my hair and after prolonged use, there is an obvious patch of hair across my head that has been squished.

Such a dilemmic situation. I want to be able to enjoy good sound while still looking good. So how do you guys deal with it (assuming its less of a problem for girls). And sorry if a thread like this already exist. I havent mastered the search button yet
redface.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(assuming its less of a problem for girls)

Why?
confused.gif

A woman's hair is just as important to her appearance as her clothing and makeup and most of us spend a good deal of time styling it. Depending upon hairstyle, headphones can be catastrophic.

The only solution I have found for 'headphone hair' is to use my KSC75's or ER6's once I've done my hair, saving my k701's or sr225's for evening.

Jan 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 40
I actually push the hair back before i put on my headphones, this gives the reverse effect and you are left with a faux hawk, trim the sides a bit and you my friend are cool as ice. best part, no pruduct to get all over your phones.

Jan 22, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wear them with the band behind your head (works with Grado-type cans). With big, heavy, circumaural cans like the high end Sennheiser line there's no good way around it
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

Yea ive been doing that with my SR60's. I kinda tilt it a bit so the headban rests around where my little spiral on my head is. But it then relies more on the friction of the pads against my ear rather than the headband to stay on. Sometimes, it slips off. Its my best solution to "minimize the damage"
redface.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #11 of 40
I just ruffle my hear around when I take my HD650 off. But hanalei mike's solution is best so far, cool as ice indeed
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 40
Some of you are just going to have to lose the MULLETS.

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #13 of 40
Neither of my headphones has given me problems with headphone hair. You would kind of expect the SA5000 with its tent headband to do it, but it doesn't.

Jan 23, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of you are just going to have to lose the MULLETS.

With the return of the mohawk to popularity, its only time until mullets are cool again. I, for one, choose to stay ahead of the curve.
cool.gif

Edit: I just noticed this.
balddm6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back