Headphone Friendly-Binaural? album I discovered a few months ago.
Nov 29, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 19
Marios_mar

You Got Mail.

I am wondering, what is it about the Thorens TD150 that you don't like?

I had a TD150 a while back and it's as good a turntable as any. Mine was a little banged up so I parted with it as I didn't have the time to restore it to it's former glory. They do say that the TD150 with a good cartridge can be a match for Linn LP12 or certainly it will give it a good run for its money.

Perhaps your TD150 just needs a little TLC. One of the major differences can be your Phono Stage. A poor or inadequate phono stage can ruin the sound but replaced with a fairly decent on it can really come alive.

Out of curiosity, what cartridge are you running on that deck?

Nov 29, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #17 of 19
Theres nothing I dont like with my TD-150MKII. Only that the motor doesnt have enough torque.

I wish I could repair it.

My cartridge is a Stanton 881s at 0,75-1,25g if my memory serves well.

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by marios_mar Billy Idol - Cyberpunk

Anyone has heard of it?

Absolutely. It's one of my favourite discs. I have it on MD, alas i've been unable to get a hold of the original CD. It seems that UK record store only want to stock the top 40 these days.

Anyway, yes the spatial effects on this album are amazing. Overall though, it flopped when it was released but that was probably due to it being a few years ahead of time.

The punk people didn't think it sounded anything like punk, the Billy Idol fans passed on it as it was radically different to what had gone before and the cyberpunk boycotted it as they thought he was trying to cash in on their new fad. Alas, they all missed out on a truly great CD.

I'm greatful that somebody else thinks this is a great CD
biggrin.gif

You hit the nail on the head, Cyberpunk was ahead of it's time in more ways than just headphone friendly. The production in it self was one of the first "home" recordings using a computer to organize it. Also, Billy used the internet and email to promote it. It is sad how poorly the critics received it. The theme was almost predicting the concerns of today and on info and the internet are and other issues. It really deserves a listen to by people today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back