Headphone for Gaming/Music(Everything)
Nov 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lundster

New Head-Fier
Hello, i thought about buying my self some new headphones for Gaming/Music pretty much everything. I have no idea how Studio Headphones sounds today compared to older models. Currently i use my dads 20 years old Audio-Technica ATH-911 on my Creative X-Fi Soundcard, I find it hard gaming with those because it doesn't have a mic. I thought i maybe could find some easy mod for attaching a mic to the headphone im buying(I find it hard to attach a mic to my current headphones). How are Studioheadphones compared to Gaming headsets in Games? I have no idea what's good for me but i've been looking on Beyerdynamics DT770-990. Any headphones to recommend me?

Should i even buy studio headphones when im using it for gaming?

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 9
Why not just buy a clip-on mic that attaches to your shirt?
confused.gif

The DT770's need an amp to power them properly.

Anyway, what's your budget and what music do you listen to?

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 9
Going to have to recommend the Zalman clip on mic. You can clip on OR just leave it on the desk because it is sensitive enough for you to speak without bending down towards the mic.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 9
From my experience, I would go for either Sennheisser or Audio Technica if you are looking for the jack of all trades headphones. With a budget like that, I say to look at Audio Technica a900. They are closed headphones (you can look at their open headphone series "ad" as well). They have a very good soundstage which will be good for movies and games as well as music obviously. Plus they fit your music taste as well. I used my audio technica ad700s for music, games, and movies and I was very pleased with them for movies and games. For movies there were so many times I thought something was actually behind me or someone was actually walking around in my room or knocking on my door. I also used to play a lot of CS and they were phenomonal for pinpointing where someone was. I will say though, that closed headphones seemed a bit better for games for pinpointing where enemies are, but if you do not need exact location capabilities, then go for audio technica's open series.

and just attach a mic... the mic will be better and you always take it off when you don't need it. Zalman makes good mics

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica AD700's.

Amazing for gaming and music alike.

Just get a desktop mic.

Like I said.. but if you got $400, might as well get the ad900s or higher!

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lundster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, i thought about buying my self some new headphones for Gaming/Music pretty much everything. I have no idea how Studio Headphones sounds today compared to older models. Currently i use my dads 20 years old Audio-Technica ATH-911 on my Creative X-Fi Soundcard, I find it hard gaming with those because it doesn't have a mic. I thought i maybe could find some easy mod for attaching a mic to the headphone im buying(I find it hard to attach a mic to my current headphones). How are Studioheadphones compared to Gaming headsets in Games? I have no idea what's good for me but i've been looking on Beyerdynamics DT770-990. Any headphones to recommend me?

Should i even buy studio headphones when im using it for gaming?

400 opens alot of doors. And shows how serious you are in getting great sound.

My choices
AT900. Open or closed. They are both good.
DT880's..They are the best gaming cans I had overall.
AKG 601
AKG 701
MDR F1..If you are really into FPS I recommend them over the others. Better Spatial ablities, and wider sound stage in left and right width and depth. This is due to their unique design..More like mini speakers by your ears..Very light and comfy..And at 12 ohms, ridiculously easy to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back