headphone decision. need your help.
Feb 4, 2007 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Minarets

500+ Head-Fier
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you had a $150 to Best Buy...would you rather

buy BOSE Tri-ports or some other decent headphone from BB

or

pay the out of pocket for the Sony MDR-V6

i used to have a pair of the Sonys and they were awsome...i paid like $120 for them in 1998 but lost em the move from college to hom in '03. so out of pocket cash and still have a BB gift card? or use the card (since i have nothing else i need/want) and get some triports or any other BB sells yall recommend?

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 22
Find a friend who wants to buy something from Best Buy of high value, exchange gift card for real $$$. Buy Sennehsier HD580s or Beyerdynamic DT 770s. Enjoy
basshead.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find a friend who wants to buy something from Best Buy of high value, exchange gift card for real $$$. Buy Sennehsier HD580s or Beyerdynamic DT 770s. Enjoy
basshead.gif

well, i really want the Sony MDR V6, but only cause i have had em before and looooved it...are those you suggest better?

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 22
Personally I'd take the HD580s or DT 770s over the Sonys anyday, but you should really find a place where you can listen to them. You might want to get a headphone amp as well...

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 22
You can save a lot of money if a) you don't buy bose and b) you don't buy from best buy. do whatever you can to get cash, and your standards can be raised.

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 22
over the mdr v6? amazon has em for $60 right now... the thing with BB is i have the gift card, so i gotta use it for somthin...and id like son new cans

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #8 of 22
Trust me, you don't want the Triports. I had the displeasure of demoing them not long ago and they truly suck, at least compared to my KSC75's, and probably to your V6's. I'd say trade with somebody who wants to buy stuff from BB for real cash, or if you can't do that, pay out of the pocket for some real headphones (see other peoples' suggestions) and go on a BB CD-buying spree
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #12 of 22
if you loved the v6's, use the BB gift card to buy and then sell something. keep the money to buy your v6's and possibly some other stuff you might want.

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I'd take the HD580s or DT 770s over the Sonys anyday, but you should really find a place where you can listen to them. You might want to get a headphone amp as well...

X2

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #14 of 22
Don't get the Triport. It's awful. I've listened to it and owned the MDR-V6 for years. The V6 is superior in every sense. You've enjoyed a pair already, so get another pair.

If you want to exchange the gift card for cash, take a look here:

http://cardavenue.com/

You should be able to get most of what it's worth there. If you do that, take a look at the Sennheiser HD-580. It's a huge bargain at $125, but that won't last forever. It's been discontinued. You might also want to look at some Grados around that price range.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #15 of 22
my music interests mainly are DMB, David Gray, Led Zep, so i want some real clarity but decent bass...i am not a hard rock or rap fan...more singer songwriter stuff...so again, clarity is my thang!

thanks for the help...great site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back