headphone decision. need your help.
Feb 5, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #16 of 22
Well, in the true spirit of audio, i would suggest getting a different pair of phones to compare for yourself, but if you have already had the sonys and liked them then it is your call. Whenever I have a card that I dont like, find someone that is buying something that is like 150$ and tell them you will sell them the card for 125$ or something, that way you are both happy.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minarets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my music interests mainly are DMB, David Gray, Led Zep, so i want some real clarity but decent bass...i am not a hard rock or rap fan...more singer songwriter stuff...so again, clarity is my thang!

thanks for the help...great site

You really should look at some Grado's. I know you liked the Sony's & seem pretty sure that is what you want, but if you haven't ever heard anything better, you may not know what you are missing. I haven't heard the Sony's - so I can't compare them - but generally speaking I can say that I didn't know what I was missing till I tried some different cans.

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really should look at some Grado's. I know you liked the Sony's & seem pretty sure that is what you want, but if you haven't ever heard anything better, you may not know what you are missing. I haven't heard the Sony's - so I can't compare them - but generally speaking I can say that I didn't know what I was missing till I tried some different cans.

well, i read some Grado reviews over at headphonereview that is stickyed on the top of the page and i was kinda disspaointed in what iw as reading...i dont want to spend more then 100 really and the ones i was reading up on the SR60 seemed like everyone thought they had to be modded or were ok, but nothing compared to ____.
the reason i have sorta decided on the MDR V6 was they are only like $65 on amazon...

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 22
1) no Bose
2) you did not mentioned the purpose: home or portable
3) I find V6 as a good choice for both purposes. I have MDR7506 - almost the same as V6 - and I am very satisfied with them. They just need to replace the earpads for DT250 leather ones.

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 22
Rather than waste time buying the TriPorts and then selling them on eBay, you can just sell your GC there. The closing price is usually just pennies below the face value. You'll still have PayPal and ebay fees but it'll save you some trouble.

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) no Bose
2) you did not mentioned the purpose: home or portable
3) I find V6 as a good choice for both purposes. I have MDR7506 - almost the same as V6 - and I am very satisfied with them. They just need to replace the earpads for DT250 leather ones.

both home and port...when i travel on planes....pretty much everything besides mowing the yard and running (i use my e2c for that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back