Headphone Cases???
Oct 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GSYoni

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm new here so sorry if I do anything wrong. I've been reading the site for reviews for a while but just joined for the forums and to interact with other audio lovers.

I'll update my profile with a gear list soon.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD201's. I'm saving up for an amp and I know they aren't the best but they'll do for now until my budget isn't so limiting. Anyway, I take them places with me, sometimes to school and to my friend's houses. I really don't like putting them in my bag for travelling with them, not because they aren't robust but because they get scratched up, dirty and out of shape.

I need to buy a hard case that will work with them for protection and travelling. I absolutely despise the Beats by Dr Dre line of products (especially since the studios cost $12 total to make per pair and they retail for $300), but if I'm honest, the only good thing about them is that they come with a case.

My headphones don't fold so that's to be considered.

If anyone could let me know what a good case to buy is or even just give a list of them I would be very grateful.

Obviously you can private message me or respond to the thread here but if you could email me that would be nice, I'm more likely to check my email inbox than my Head-Fi messages.

Thanks!!!

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to headfi!! Just do a search on amazon or ebay and look through what you see. Pick something that you like. I have an old Beyerdynamic case that works for almost any hp. 

gL!!

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 4
Cases I've seen that will fit your headphones start at about what you wouldpay to replace your HD 201 and go upr from there.

If you are still interested search for pilot headset cases.  That seems to generate the lowest prices and best protection for your money.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Here's a pilot headset case http://www.tagpilotsupply.com/comsafehardheadsetcase.aspx.  It's cheap but you'll have to check the dimensions of your headphones.  I'm going to order one, but it may be a tight fit for my Audio Technica a900x's.  Probably will refoam it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back