Headphone case
Sep 5, 2002 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
I found an aluminum case on ebay:
case1.jpg

And, with a little judicious foam cutting, found it made a nice carrying case for a headphone system:

case2.jpg

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
Which Kimber cable is that? What are the ends, they look like bananas or something.

That's the standard mini to RCA Kimber cable. The RCA ends are plugged into Vampyre Wire right angle adapters, so I don't need as much clearance at the rear of the amp.

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 20
hehehe. this is funny. I JUST bought this case at Lowe's for ~$25 a few days ago. If you can believe it, I managed to fit in my ATH-W100s, a META42 (Cosmic-type case), an Art DI/O, an Optimus CD-3400, (3) wallwarts, and all the power cables and interconnects needed. I then cut two holes in the case, for the power line and my headphone cable. As is, its 16lbs... next step, try to fit a small line conditioner in there as well. Its an awesome case for the $.

Sep 6, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

I JUST bought this case at Lowe's for ~$25

kfaiman,

I may check at my local Lowe's. What department did you find it in? I have a few headphones that could use cases.

Hirsch,

That looks very nice! What did you use to make your cuts? Is that your foam addition or did the case come padded?

John

Sep 6, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by kfaiman
hehehe. this is funny. I JUST bought this case at Lowe's for ~$25 a few days ago. If you can believe it, I managed to fit in my ATH-W100s, a META42 (Cosmic-type case), an Art DI/O, an Optimus CD-3400, (3) wallwarts, and all the power cables and interconnects needed. I then cut two holes in the case, for the power line and my headphone cable. As is, its 16lbs... next step, try to fit a small line conditioner in there as well. Its an awesome case for the $.

OMG kaifman... replace the W100's with HD600's, and you have the perfect transportable system.

Sep 6, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 20
Tim,

I would love to try some HD600s, but I needed closed phones for work--thus the W100s. I'm very happy with them. And its true what they say, they get better w/ lots of LOUD break-in.

... for now, I'm obsessed w/ getting some kind of a line-conditioner or balanced power unit. Power-line noise and pops have started bugging me. funny, it never did before...
rolleyes.gif

oh, btw, I found this case in the Tool Box aisle. It's called the "Task Force Aluminum Case." Good hunting.

Sep 13, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 20
wow jvh, those DO look great!!

if i may ask, you guys paid around $25 per case, is that right?

ill have to search around here (Bay Area, CA) for something like that.

also, how'd you make the cuts into the grey foam? any other suggestions in modding the foam or case?

Sep 13, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #15 of 20
awesome!
thanks for the fast reply
ill be hitting up the hardware store and radioshack this weekend to pick up the case and a stand for my headphones

i dont mean to highjack the thread, or go off topic, but are there any suggestions for keeping phones safe, esp how to pack them in the case? like the way jvh lined his case with satin-like cloth.

thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back