Headphone cable appreciation thread; show your love for headphone cables.
Aug 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #91 of 101
You just keep up the good fight, we got your back Beeman458!

Thanks.

bdr529 wrote:

You wouldn't be the same beeman458 I see banned on these other forums would it?

Yes it would be.  Why?  Because I allowed myself to be toyed with by trolls and the mods wouldn't enforce their own terms of use.  Is that what you want?  Is it so wrong to want to be a part of a troll free forum where users follow the terms of agreement we all agree to when we join?

If you wish to discuss any of my online experiences of your choosing, you're welcome to send me an IM.  Or would you like to discuss your love for headphone cables.....in public?

???

I see from your profile, you don't have use for custom cables and have no reason to post here other than to stir things up for your personal gratification.  I guess that makes you just another internet troll.  Good for you.

(I'll let you explain yourself as in why you'd want to come to this thread and cause trouble, if you're willing and then I'll hit the ignore feature, just as I would in real life.)

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #93 of 101
It seems from their web site that Peter has turned control over to these guys.  Looks like I got one of Peter's last cables.

L3000.gif

Oh, and good luck in Sound Science with your support of cables.  You'll have to forgive me for intentionally failing to show up to the party.
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #95 of 101
My 9N copper armor gives me complete protection.

That's good to read.  Personally, I've lost respect for that crowd so there's no point on my part.  But having lost respect doesn't mean that I can't stop by and read what's being left for others to read.

L3000.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #96 of 101
Didn't know I'm out of business...

I'm not a big fan of doing recables for anyone other than myself so if anyone bugs me about it, I point them towards Zombie-X as they are good at that sort of thing.  

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #97 of 101
Didn't know I'm out of business...

Sorry for the misread on my part.  The web site info was confusing on that part.

Folks.  Listen up.  According to Peter, Peter's still in business.

For a second there, I thought I had a collector's item; Peter's last headphone cable.  And it's all mine.

biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #98 of 101
I am having a modding fetish with my DT770 headphones. Want to replace my 250 ohm drivers with 600 ohm DT880 drivers. What is a good cable to use for my headphones (DIY of course)? Also does anyone know where to get Beyer drivers? Moon audio sells them for 65 but I was wondering if they were available cheaper elswhere.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #99 of 101
I've done some DIY stuff with this, including a mini-mini IC for my portable set up.  Its durable and made from all the standard audiophool materials for a great price.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #100 of 101

Quote:
I am having a modding fetish with my DT770 headphones. Want to replace my 250 ohm drivers with 600 ohm DT880 drivers. What is a good cable to use for my headphones (DIY of course)? Also does anyone know where to get Beyer drivers? Moon audio sells them for 65 but I was wondering if they were available cheaper elswhere.

I suggest some normal patch or microphone cable.

I have read this thread a little bit and then I looked at my T1's and thought that Beyerdynamic wants to fool me because they only used a standard patch cable :) :) I like it anyways. I have some older Beyers and recabled them with Mogami cable and I have heard some differences to the old stock cable..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back