Headphone Buyer's Guide
Sep 21, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #181 of 355
Very nice guide
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #183 of 355
Sennheiser's HD580s are listed as "2" (amp suggested but not required) while the HD600s are listed as "3" (amp required). Don't these two models have the same drivers and other internals? I ask because I'm considering picking up some 580s and wondering if a CMoy will provide sufficient power.

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #184 of 355
Which headphones are the best in production? In other words, which are the best headphones that I can buy new? A lot of the out of production stuff is probably going to be used and I'm just scared about new stuff.

I'm guessing the Edition 9 or maybe the D7000 when it comes out?

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #187 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which headphones are the best in production? In other words, which are the best headphones that I can buy new? A lot of the out of production stuff is probably going to be used and I'm just scared about new stuff.

I'm guessing the Edition 9 or maybe the D7000 when it comes out?

There are no "the best", as we all have different preferences.
I don't think you can go much wrong with a Stax SR-007A or MKII though..
o2smile.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #190 of 355
As someone who is about to invest, this post is really useful. One of the unusual things about head-fi seems to be than you pretty much have to buy blind, this overview really helps.

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #191 of 355
Good thread, very helpful. It helped me a lot in the past.

Great job !

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #193 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thread, very helpful. It helped me a lot in the past.

Great job !

Me too, thanks
darthsmile.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #194 of 355
Very helpful thread.

I hope we can add some recently discontinued headphones in the list, especially those still are widely available in the used market. They can be really good deal for the $.

Nov 11, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #195 of 355
Hello,
I poke and tease ebay stores into letting me pay off expensive cans at around 50 bucks US a week. It's almost a constant feature of my weekly budget.
This way I can buy cans and it doesn't hurt. And if I need money I can stop buying cans for a month or however long.
I have HD650 and DT990 250 ohm version, oops, and my question is, out of these things, what should I get next?

*Little dot MKIII amp
*Little dot MKIV amp
*AKG K701
*Grado Prestige something or other

My Higain Grado amp is perfectly adequate for both sets of cans that I have.
And I kinda wanna keep buying headphones until I finally get a pair the Grado doesnt run very well and THEN buy my second headphone amp.
But someone just offered me layby on LDIII amp at 50US a week, so I think, hey I could start to set up the tube chain I want and also fill the left side of the shelf.
I hope someone tries to answer: Cans or Component next???
Thankyou,
Undecided, Mandurah.
P.S. Just got the DT990's, how's the detail in 'em? I love listening to the pearl jam song "Go" on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back