Headphone AMP/DAC Reccomendation (Noob here)
Dec 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wingzero

New Head-Fier
Right guys I know already i'm gonna get flamed a lot for having the headphones I do but my girlfriend bought me them for my birthday and I really love the sound they produce for the type of music I listen to.

Which BTW is house/electrohouse/Fidget/dubstep.

My headphones are the Beats By Dr Dre Studio.

Not to be obnoxious but I'm not interested in how they are overpriced what better headphones I could get for XXX price etc.

Just want you guys from which I've been told are the Audiophile experts to reccomend me a desktop Headphone AMP/DAC to drive my Studio's.

I'd be willing to spend upto £160 thats $250 American.

It will be for desktop use only and I am after a sound upgrade over my current soundcard which is a Asus Xonar DS.

Thanks in advance guys.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 5
I am pretty happy with my Little Dot 1+ amp with rolled tubes and Keces DA-151 D/A. I am using this setup with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770/80 Pro's. 

The amp is inexpensive but gets good reviews here, is a hybrid so you have some flexibility in tuning it via tube rolling, and IMO it is a great budget desktop amp.

http://www.littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=819&sid=3609a38ecdd0139bc3854be6abd34aaf

The Keces DA-151 is about $250ish new. I think it made the most impact in my system improvement, especially since my source is my computer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back