Headphone Adivce for a Metal Listener
Sep 12, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #31 of 35
I'm listening to Children of Bodom on my 325is right now. Damn, these things make them sound good. Amazing instrument separation, a must with distorted electric guitars.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #32 of 35
Weird, Children of Bodom never sounded very good to me whichever phones I use
smily_headphones1.gif

But yeah, most things sound great on the SR-80 so I can just imagine on the 325i.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Firstly, Pantera and Slipknot is bad music so I wouldn't listen to them even if you point a gun at me (and I would argue that Slipknot is barely metal, cause I belong to the nu-metal-is-not-metal camp). That's a different topic anyway. My friend has a K501 and I listened to them now and then, and never had I though that they are good metal cans. It's down to personal perference, some people don't care too much about bass quantity and want to hear every doublepedals-kick-drum without a single bloat. But for me I like my songs with a certain amount of bass weight in my metal songs, and I don't mind a bit of bloat in my songs.

I haven't heard the new K501, so maybe they're different.

well that's explain alot, i do mind hearing any bloated kick bass in my songs, after having K501 offcourse...and yes, Slipknot are dark nu-metal, but Pantera are metalheads...it's up to you if you more prefer melodius metal or slower metal, or such thing like that, it's your cup of tea though...about is it bad music or not, it's an unfair words to say, since everyone's hearing different musics, even it's in same genre/root...just my opinion !
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back