Headfive Synergy?
Nov 17, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i didn't like my philips hd805 with the headfive. neither my k81dj. ok with k601. loving my dt990 pro with the amp everyday.

Why don't you like it with your other headphones but do with the dt990?=]

Nov 17, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by HFat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the HD580 or HD600 then?

They're a good match for the H5. With the H5 being a tad bass-heavy, I can see where the 650s might not match with it as well.

Quote:

Claims about amplifiers are often grossly overstated. The colouration is not that bad IMO.

Which you're entitled to.

Nov 17, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

What about the HD580 or HD600 then?

I'd like to.. But here in NZ not many people I know are into headphones so can't try them out and buying them are out of the question.. Can't even find 580s and the 600s are around $400usd new..
frown.gif

The cons of living in an isolated country.. the prices of equipment like this (and computer related parts) are grossly marked up.
mad.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #34 of 34
You know, I've been raving about the synergy between the H5 and UE S.f 5Pro. However, having listened to the UEs for the last few days on a G&W T2.6F--a clean, agile, neutral amp that is really breaking in now w/JAN Philips 6922s--I'm inclined to agree that the H5 will probably do even better with the K701s (which I sold a few months ago
frown.gif
) or the DT880s (which I ordered one day ago
tongue.gif
, but I haven't broken the news to my wife yet).

The UEs err on the "loose" side, which is where, if I were forced to admit it, the H5 also errs. After my recent jaunt with the G&W, the UEs sounded a little wooly in the bass and unkempt in the mids with the Head5. Therefore, I think the H5 will do better with, or will more favorably compliment, more neutral 'phones.

A pair of HD580s is also en route as we speak (no, I haven't broken the news to my wife about these, either); I suspect they will fare better with the G&W/JAN Philips. With Amperex A-frames in the G&W, though, the nod may go to the DT880s.
cool.gif
(<--sunglasses to hide blackened eyes after my wife finds out about my recent purchases)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back