Headdirect REO with Sansa Fuze
Apr 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 15
You'll be fine but it is an ice cold pairing. It'd be nice to throw an amp in there to warm things up.

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 15
I used the RE0 with my D2 which is supposed to be a cold player as well. It worked fine so I have no reasons to believe why a Fuze would be bad. You can also rockbox the fuze to get some decent EQ and bump up the bass if you go that way.

Apr 12, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 15
I have the Clip which sounds the same as the Fuze and it doesn't quite do RE0 justice IMO. The bass is a bit bloated and the mids are a little murky, lacking transparency. I think Sony Walkmans are a much better match for RE0, but ideally RE0 does need a good dedicated amp to sound its best.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 15
I use my RE0 sometimes with my Sansa Fuze + Fiio E5. The E5 has a bass-boost position that helps the RE0, and/or you can EQ a bit of bass and treble for some extra-smooth sparkle, and it works great -- good trio.

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 15
I want a good amp for my RE0 but i dont want to spend another bomb
frown.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 15
Sorry I completely forgot. With the stock large bi-flange tips, RE0 actually sounds very good with the Clip. The bi-flanges add a lot of upper bass and low midrange warmth which compensates for the weak output of those frequencies with the Clip. This is actually one of my favorite IEM combos.
redface.gif
Once again, sorry for not mentioning this. It's just that I prefer using the RE0 with the single flange UE tips with a Sony Walkman and my Audigy 2 ZS which gives a more neutral, sparkly sound and I haven't used the bi-flanges in a while, so I forgot how great the sound was.

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #11 of 15
Apr 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #14 of 15
I have a Fuze as well. I thought I read somewhere that they do much better with low impedence phones. I am planning on getting the Sennheiser IE8, since they are 16 ohms.

May 31, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #15 of 15
I know the topic is old, but did anyone try Sansa Fuze + LOD (with decent capacitors) + Fiio E7 + Re0 ?

At the moment I have sansa fuze + re0, I have Fiio E7 and I am waiting for my LOD to come. If I connect Fuze + re0 I am disappointed how quiet and shy combination it is. If I connect Fiio E7 with my laptop and play music form Foobar, the music sounds ultra good.

With Sony walkman NWZ A 815 re0 sounds perfect. I use only half of the sound, even the player is 5years old. What is wrong with sansa?

---UPDATE---

I've just rockbox'ed Fuze V2, it sounds perfect now. Much much louder noise, bunch of new functions, just Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back