HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Aug 11, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #242 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
production begins... hopefully soon!?

Talked to Justin at the S.F. Meet on Saturday and he said it is about two months away. Boy do I want this puppy!!

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #243 of 1,103
Two months away from what? Two months until Justin starts accepting pre-order? Or, two months until the amp ships to buyers? Did he specify?

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #244 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two months away from what? Two months until Justin starts accepting pre-order? Or, two months until the amp ships to buyers? Did he specify?

I just asked "When do you expect it to be ready?" He said "About two months." This was last Saturday.

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #245 of 1,103
Thanks for clarifying. I'll cross my fingers and assume that it's two months away from shipping to customers since Justin had indicated that the amp would be ready at the end of summer... which means he'll probably start taking pre-orders in a month? Fun, fun, fun times ahead.
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #246 of 1,103
Like everyone else, I'm awaiting the release of the Pico Slim! I can't wait to have an amp that is small, powerful, and can deliver pristine sound...

I've edited my earlier post here as I in no way intended to create controversy. I'm just an excited enthusiast who owns a "Predator", but desperately wants to acquire one of HeadAmp Audio's heralded products!!!

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #247 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amusement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems a bit like a race to market. Justin's Pico Slim vs. Ray's "Emmeline" Shadow. Is there anyone who attended CanJam or for that matter anyone at all who has heard both units such that they can make an informed evaluation between the two?

x2. This excruciatingly drawn out period of delayed gratification needs some sort of crack-fix in the interim.

Aug 12, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #248 of 1,103
I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt, and assume Amusement's question to be totally innocent and free from conflict of interest. However, being that this is a HeadAmp-sponsored thread, I think it's inappropriate to be giving pub (intentionally or not) to a competitor's product by doing a comparison. I'm not saying the question is not legitimate as it certainly is, but the question should be posted in different thread or subforum.

Now, if Justin comes out and says that he is cool with the potential discussion (Pico Slim vs Shadow) in this thread, then I'm just blowing hot air. But until then, such discussion does disservice to the MOT, in my opinion.

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #249 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt, and assume Amusement's question to be totally innocent and free from conflict of interest. However, being that this is a HeadAmp-sponsored thread, I think it's inappropriate to be giving pub (intentionally or not) to a competitor's product by doing a comparison. I'm not saying the question is not legitimate as it certainly is, but the question should be posted in different thread or subforum.

Now, if Justin comes out and says that he is cool with the potential discussion (Pico Slim vs Shadow) in this thread, then I'm just blowing hot air. But until then, such discussion does disservice to the MOT, in my opinion.

I completely agree! I meant no disrespect. I have edited my posting to reflect your comments.

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #250 of 1,103
There is no 'race'. If anyone is racing, it's not me. I announced details of the Pico Slim and a few days later other products surfaced in response. There is a lot of work that has been/will be put into the Pico Slim that others do not have to deal with because they chose easier paths. I have a tendency to make things difficult and expensive for myself. In this case, it was wanting to use what I felt was the best and most complete digital volume control chip available when it's not "plug-n-play". And using a proper, safely designed USB charger, instead of just considering the USB port to be "free power" and this also led to the ability to update the Pico Slim's software by USB. There is some other stuff too that will not be revealed until a production unit is in my hands.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #252 of 1,103
You da man!, Justin.... Nothing, and I mean nothing, but excellent products come from Justin.... I for one appreciate the time and effort that he puts into them.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #253 of 1,103
At least audio gear developers shouldn't make the same mistakes as their friends in the game/mobile phone/dap/gadget/software sector by releasing half finished products. Take your time Justin and release a - in your eyes - totally satisfying product. In the long run everybody will be happy this way.
smily_headphones1.gif

best regards and keep up your good work.
bearmann

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #254 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least audio gear developers shouldn't make the same mistakes as their friends in the game/mobile phone/dap/gadget/software sector by releasing half finished products. Take your time Justin and release a - in your eyes - totally satisfying product. In the long run everybody will be happy this way.
smily_headphones1.gif

best regards and keep up your good work.
bearmann

My thoughts exactly...rather have it right than have it fast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back